WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone.. I need your help...

So my wife starts talking tonight out of the blue - she wants to look at the Date-justs again this weekend. She thinks she really wants one... :eek:

She can't really decide which one though. And good pictures of them are hard to find. So, here's what I need your help on...

Can you please post any pictures you have of two-toned Date-justs. Preferably the ladies models, but beggar's can't be choosy here so either would be great... :wink:

She was originally leaning to the rose gold two tone with the black jubilee dial on a jubilee bracelet. But, we started thinking - if she wears it 'dressed up' all her other jewelery is yellow gold. I don't think it would match (any of your wifes have rose gold watches & yellow gold rings, bracelets & necklaces? If so, how's that look?). So now she's leaning to the yellow gold & steel with a silver or champagne jubilee dial, still on jubilee bracelet.

Please, post your pictures!! We plan to make a decision for her before Sunday. I talked to my AD tonight & he'll honor the current prices for me until Monday or even Tuesday. So I've got time - but not much..

Post your Date-just pics guys!!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing guys..

What kind of sdiscounts do you usually see on the DJ's? I know they do discount those as they're not as popular as the sports. But what do you guys usually see when you got yours? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I'm not sure how much my photos will help since my wife's DJ isn't the latest style (which I'm still not crazy about....if I were your wife, I'd be looking for an older style DJ...prettier and less costly! :thumbup1: ):

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John.. Those will help.. I'm also trying to convice her the jubilee dial may not be the best for long term.. it's falling on deaf ears though.. :huh:

But, she saw these 2 & loves them... I do have to admit though, they both look pretty good..

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Scott - I think the compromise here is to buy a second dial with the watch and put it away in case she wants to switch out. Dials for these slightly older references are pretty to easy to come by for $100-$150 for non-diamond dials.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott - I think the compromise here is to buy a second dial with the watch and put it away in case she wants to switch out. Dials for these slightly older references are pretty to easy to come by for $100-$150 for non-diamond dials.
Hey John - So a dial like your wife's will fit a current model DJ? There hasn't been any changes in the past 7-10 years that would prevent one from fitting?If so, that may be the combo then.....

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm heading to the AD in a few hours... So show me your DJ's!!! I know there's more than a couple here!!!!! :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Hey John - So a dial like your wife's will fit a current model DJ? There hasn't been any changes in the past 7-10 years that would prevent one from fitting?If so, that may be the combo then.....
That I'm not sure....I think things changed when they did the DJ re-vamp a couple of years ago (new clasp, etc.).

·
Registered
416 Posts
You might find more photos of the ladies datejust by doing a google search on images. I did and found that under the search term "Rolex Datejust, ladies" that I received over 623 images, which provides quite a variety of models. Best of luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts