WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I noticed my watch was losing time, five minutes one day, 10 minutes the next, sometimes even 20 minutes, it was a mid range quartz (fossil brand about $200).
I had this watch for five years and the battery was just replaced so I know it wasn't that. So I just wrote it off as being a poor time piece. So I then went out and bought 2 more watches one Swiss Army and one Jorg Grey. And the exact same thing happened to them. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then I remembered I had begun to wear a magnetic back brace to help with my sore back. I did further research and found out that magnetism affects all watches. So I began to do research on watches that have anti magnetism features, I found some in the Casio G -shock brand like this guy
GA110HC-1A - G-Shock - Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

Now I only wear this brace at work so I would only wear this watch at work, don't need anything fancy, just a piece that will resist magnetism and keep accurate time, any idea's or anybody else that has encountered this issue? I have a nice Lum-tec (M24) on the way to add to my growing watch collection, but I won't be wearing that piece to work.

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
... any idea's?...
The Khaki line from Hamilton comes immediately to mind.
As for those pieces already affected...any really good watch repair shop would have equipment specifically designed to de-magnetize watches.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully they are all quartz watches that hold there time fine when away from the magnets.
I checked out the Hamilton watches, too pricey for a work watch that could be damaged easily.
I am going to contact Casio next week, those watches are about $130.00, which is good for work beater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts