WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searching the eBay for some cool watches and i came across this M23 lum-tec i need your help if it is a good deal and if the seller is a goon one or not, i really like this watch and have heard some good things about this model.

I attached some screen shots just ask me if you need more thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
First off there is no way to know if it is a good price yet. This is a straight auction with 3 days left. The price could double or triple by then. Also, no one has a recorded experience with this person as a seller because he hasn't sold anything according to his profile. Only 4 purchases are recorded in his 100% rating - zero sales. You have to decide for yourself, but one guideline I use is their feedback as a SELLER. Also, do they take a form of payment that you feel comfortable with? Does the shipping seem fair or inflated? What is the distance to their location from you in case of an issue? For all any of us know this guy is totally legit, but we can't decide to risk your money or tell you whether to bid or not. A good rule of thumb is most any pre-owned watch in excellent condition is still only worth about 25 to 30% off what it was when purchased new unless it is something really unusual. Tungsten could qualify especially when all but a few models are sold out. Basically it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it..

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Also, I'm pretty sure that watch came with a Tungsten bracelet. It is being offered for sale with two straps? I'd ask the seller about that before I bid if the bracelet is something that matters to you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
A good rule of thumb is most any pre-owned watch in excellent condition is still only worth about 25 to 30% of what it was when purchased new unless it is something really unusual. Tungsten could qualify especially when all but a few models are sold out. Basically it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it..
Man Brian, remind me to check with you for a used watch deal!!

Guess it depends on the model in question, but if the watch is in excellent, LNIB condition, I've seen something more in line with 65-80% of new (IE, Sinn, Panerai, some Omega, even Lum-Tec's that I've shopped for).

i think its setting the wrong expectation that generally an excellent condition used watch is 25 or 30% of retail. If that was the case, the M23 or other $1000 Lum-Tec tungstens would be showing up for $250-$300? I've yet to see anything in that range.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Guess it depends on the model in question, but if the watch is in excellent, LNIB condition, I've seen something more in line with 65-80% of new (IE, Sinn, Panerai, some Omega, even Lum-Tec's that I've shopped for).

i think its setting the wrong expectation that generally an excellent condition used watch is 25 or 30% of retail. If that was the case, the M23 or other $1000 Lum-Tec tungstens would be showing up for $250-$300? I've yet to see anything in that range.
Perhaps Brian meant to say "25 to 30% off retail", not "25 to 30% of retail"?

From what I've seen through past research and experienced when trading my M25 for an M22, the 2nd gen. M Tungsten line tends to hold its value extremely well... I've even seen a couple of the more desired models sell for above original MSRP.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Yeah typo - meant take 25% -30% OFF the retail, not OF the retail.. Used watches would be a much better bargain that way though!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Definitely check on the bracelet; as one poster pointed out, it's far easier to get a strap to replace the mfr's bracelet than the mfr's bracelet to replace a strap. Also. I've heard from lots of posters to avoid the "gift" option of payment if they use Paypal. I guess it bypasses the option of contesting/ refunds if you use that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
To the OP. I would never purchase anything on eBay from a seller with such low feedback. Especially something as expensive as an LT watch.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It was a good price when he asked, now it's getting a little salty for a used one. I think the photos tell a good story, 149/150 matches the cert and the case back. I wouldn't worry about buying it. Have you bid yet?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wait a sec did anyone notice this has a black date wheel and not a white one like every other pic I've googled on the M23?

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
If the price is getting to be no great bargain

Why not look for a pre owned here or on one of the other watch sites

Prob less drama and better vibes

Also what be the LT policy on warrenty on second owner ?

My 2 satang

I make my money the
The Old Fashion Way
..... I work for a living.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wait a sec did anyone notice this has a black date wheel and not a white one like every other pic I've googled on the M23?
The color of the date wheel was something the buyer could request -- either white or black. I know when I ordered my M25 from LT, I had done my research and noticed people with black and white date wheels so I was sure to specify to Chris that I wanted a black date wheel. Chris responded saying that black was the default date wheel color for the M25. I'm guessing black is also the default color for the M24 and white is the default for the M23.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.