WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a rolex sales guy told me that the watch second hand is not supposed to move in normal mode .. .it will only move when the timing function is activated.. in normal mode, only the hand in the bottom subdial will move as the second hand..

i am confused whether this is true.. i do not know when the timing function has been activated or not...

·
Registered
463 Posts
This is how almost all chronographs work, very few have a central seconds hand. The timing function is activated by pressing the pusher on the side of the case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Correct.

Only the seconds sub dial will move all the time. This sub dial is how you can tell which movement is fitted as the Zenith has it in a different place to the Rolex in house movement.

·
Banned
1 Posts
ok.. so the main second hand is not supposed to be moving when in normal mode (not in timing mode) right?
I just recently received a Daytona for Christmas and during my "orientation" period, the AD told me that if you run the chronograph continuously, you would wear out the mechanism a lot faster. It was not designed to go continuously - just treat it as a stopwatch you would use as required.

·
Registered
656 Posts
a rolex sales guy told me that the watch second hand is not supposed to move in normal mode .. .it will only move when the timing function is activated.. in normal mode, only the hand in the bottom subdial will move as the second hand..

i am confused whether this is true.. i do not know when the timing function has been activated or not...
The nature of any mechanical device- the more it moves, the faster it will wear out. I don't run the Chrono functions on my watch unless I'm timing something. Really really really great watch by the way!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
2nd hand

The center sweep second hand on the Daytona is called a Chrono sweep second and only runs when the timing function is activated. It is not designed to run continously. Rikthewatcmaker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts