WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum members. I'm having difficulty identifying this model. It was given to me years ago by the original owner. The story is that it was given to him in the early '70s ('71 or '72) when he competed in the Pan-American games in Europe. I have yet to see this model on any listings. There are no model or serial numbers visible on the case between the lugs (they could have worn off?). I have not opened the case, but that is my next option. The original owner said it was gold-filled, but the weight suggests that it may be gold. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Rare dial for that model..

Rare dial on this Oyster perpetual ..It is an "underline dial" as it is called in the vinatage watch world, but the textured dial also makes this combo a rare commodity. Look at the underline below the words Officially Certified.

Must be from the early to mid 1960's. It would be nice to have the serial and reference numbers posted...from the side of the case.

Very neat watch...and I would love to see a close up of the dial. :thumbup1:

Below is a Sub, I own with the same underline..mind you this underline was added too different parts of dials..So some where placed after words on top and sometimes at the bottom of dials.

Arthur

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Arthur, but I cannot see the numbers on the case. I will bring it to my local Rolex dealer and see if they can find the numbers. Do you know of a resource where I can find more info on this watch? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.