WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My dad has an old Omega Seamaster sitting in his closet that he says he hasn't worn in over 10 years. I've never been much of a watch person but I figured I could put it to use :biggrin:

Can somebody help me identify which model it is?

It's not terribly old. From what I've read about the the serial numbers, it was probably made in 94 (so I think that predates the bond series models, right?). It has a blue face, says "Seamaster" in script. "Professional" in caps below that and then "300m/1000 ft" below that - All white text. I've seen some with Seamaster written in red but that's not the case with this one. I'd upload a picture to help but I can't seem to find the camera cable.

The battery appears to be dead but that's about all that's wrong with it. I've read that the waterproofing gaskets or whatever needs to be replaced every so often. I doubt that my dad would have ever taken it to get serviced so is that something that I would have to do? How much would getting all this done cost?

Appreciate the help :)

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hi, welcome to Watch Talk! Are you sure it isn't an automatic? Have you tried to wind it? It sounds like an Omega Seamaster 2531.80. If it is indeed a quartz, the model would be the 2541.80. Either way, it would be well worth servicing the watch to get it in working order, perhaps a couple of hundred dollars. Here's a link to the automatic:

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster 300 M Chronometer - Steel on steel - 2531.80.00

1 - 2 of 2 Posts