WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im new the WTF and I would like some recommendations on a new German watch for my 16th birthday! I am look for a watch no more than about $300 USD. I dont know any watch terms but I like plain watches and not busy ones like Citizen. I currently own a Bulova 43B114 nothing special but it is my first actual watch. The reason I am looking for a german watch is because I LOVE German culture. I am taking German in school and I will be visiting Germany within the next two years. Also I am looking for around 38 - 42 case diameter.

Thanks guys!
Danny,

·
Registered
69 Posts
German Watch

Welcome to WTF & happy B-day! Tauchmeister is a company in Germany that builds watches using swiss & chinese parts in order to keep the cost down..They have a ton of killer designs to choose from so you'll have a bit of research to do..Now please keep in mind a few things...In order to keep cost as low as possible certain corners must be cut...1: The lume on thier watches is not so good..2:Even though the water resistance on thier watches is rated very high(200meters & UP)I would be very careful about completely submerging any of them just in case the ratings are bogus...3:The quality control of the chinese movements can be hit or miss so the chances of having problems with them is greater than gettin say a Seiko dive watch...4:For $300.00 there are some EXCELLENT watches that are true dive watches with fantastic build quality.These watches will last you a lifetime BUT they aren't German made...I hope this helps a little..Good luck in the hunt...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to WTF & happy B-day! Tauchmeister is a company in Germany that builds watches using swiss & chinese parts in order to keep the cost down..They have a ton of killer designs to choose from so you'll have a bit of research to do..Now please keep in mind a few things...In order to keep cost as low as possible certain corners must be cut...1: The lume on thier watches is not so good..2:Even though the water resistance on thier watches is rated very high(200meters & UP)I would be very careful about completely submerging any of them just in case the ratings are bogus...3:The quality control of the chinese movements can be hit or miss so the chances of having problems with them is greater than gettin say a Seiko dive watch...4:For $300.00 there are some EXCELLENT watches that are true dive watches with fantastic build quality.These watches will last you a lifetime BUT they aren't German made...I hope this helps a little..Good luck in the hunt...
Thanks a lot for the recommendation. They do look quite nice.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
+1 on the Laco!

To stay close to your budget, I would look at Laco or Archimede flieger watches. Good luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Laco produces a Flieger with a very clean dial & a beautiful automatic Miyota movement which I'd highly recommend. It's available for around $300.00 new (check online & not just on Amazon or eBay). I only sold mine in order to purchase the ETA powered version, which I REALLY love!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts