WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking for the creation of a "Watch Strap" section under 'Forum Headquarters'. I am surprised that this doesn't exist already.

When looking for straps, I have to do a search and scroll through a bunch of unrelated threads to find what I'm looking for. Seeing as 'Forum Headquarters' is where the

watch winder section is located, it seems an appropriate place for the watch strap section. The watch strap is hugely important, and I think that a section set aside

specifically for watch straps would be extremely useful.

·
Premium Member
24,984 Posts
I am asking for the creation of a "Watch Strap" section under 'Forum Headquarters'. I am surprised that this doesn't exist already.

When looking for straps, I have to do a search and scroll through a bunch of unrelated threads to find what I'm looking for. Seeing as 'Forum Headquarters' is where the

watch winder section is located, it seems an appropriate place for the watch strap section. The watch strap is hugely important, and I think that a section set aside

specifically for watch straps would be extremely useful.
Tenac - I think this idea has merit. I'd love to hear the thoughts of others on this.

Would anyone be willing to moderate such a forum?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Why not create a sticky photo thread in each brand subforum strictly devoted to the bands/straps/bracelets we use with our watches.

It could be kept clean and easy to browse through if it was limited strictly to a photo (or photos) and the brand/model/color or finish. In other words, a discussion free thread to provide visuals to anyone contemplating the purchase of another band/strap/bracelet for their timepiece.

Although if one wanted a place to discuss other aspects of a strap or bracelet (such as quality, or where to purchase certain brands), it would probably be best to have a specific sub forum dedicated to them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think a strap forum is a great idea! And I nominate ulackfocus to moderate :p

Seriously though it's a great idea. A for sale area just for straps and other accessories would be cool too.

(and yes I happen to be looking for some particular strappy type doohickeys at the moment)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not create a sticky photo thread in each brand subforum strictly devoted to the bands/straps/bracelets we use with our watches.

It could be kept clean and easy to browse through if it was limited strictly to a photo (or photos) and the brand/model/color or finish. In other words, a discussion free thread to provide visuals to anyone contemplating the purchase of another band/strap/bracelet for their timepiece.

Although if one wanted a place to discuss other aspects of a strap or bracelet (such as quality, or where to purchase certain brands), it would probably be best to have a specific sub forum dedicated to them.
I believe that the watch strap is important enough to deserve it's own section. I agree with your second point that there would be a lot of questions, answers, and discussion generated around straps, and I think that there would be enough to warrant a strap specific subforum. A sticky in each brand subforum spreads the topic out too far in my opinion. I think that one spot dedicated to straps would suit better.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I think this is a great idea. I would be willing to moderate such a forum, as well.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I like it! :thumbup1:
Suggestion: Let's open the forum to straps, bracelets, and bands.
We have a vintage-group here that recognizes the importance of matching the original band to a watch.
Sometimes folks are looking for a link or two to make a vintage watch wearable.
There were many types of "attachments" produced over the decades with interesting design, features, and packaging. I like to see these and to share them from time to time.
Sometimes folks have questions about new OEM and aftermarket bands/bracelets.
Seems the new forum would be a good place for these posts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts