WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here and I am enjoying the site. I am changing out the strap on my Lum Tec B25 which has the black PVD coating from the NATO to a leather strap. Do you guys have any tips or tricks for installing the new strap without scratching the case?

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
Yes! Patience, patience, patience!

I'll assume by your question that you don't have experience with this. It can be a daunting task at times - especially without the proper tool. You should have a spring bar tool, and eBay has tons of them for a couple bucks or you can get a really good one with replaceable forks for about $25.
(If you don't want to go to that expense, you can use a paring or hobby knife if you have to. But you have to use the thinnest blade you can possibly get your hands on. You don't have that much room to work with!)

It also helps if you are lucky enough to have spring bars with a flange on the tips.

18rvzo.jpg

If not, work the spring bar tip out of the lug, exerting firm sideways pressure on the spring bar (to keep the tip from slipping back into the lug).
You might want to consider getting a cheap $5 watch to practice on before working on your good watch(es)!!!
You'll get good with practice. I'm always changing a brown strap for a black one, or going from leather to steel and back again...it's like having 3 times as many watches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. I have never done this before. The bars are double flanged so I think that will make it easier. I have a couple of less expensive watches i can practice on before trying the Lum Tec. I also ordered a spring bar tool that has the replaceable tips.Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
You're welcome. After the swap-out, you're more than welcome to come back and show off your B25!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts