WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help with a decision. I came across this watch and can pick it up new for 400.00. I dont know much about this watch or movement, but want an auto chrono. Is it worth it and will it last? Is it hackable? Wind bothdirections? Thanks for help.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Please help with a decision. I came across this watch and can pick it up new for 400.00. I dont know much about this watch or movement, but want an auto chrono. Is it worth it and will it last? Is it hackable? Wind bothdirections? Thanks for help.
This watch uses a Japanese Seiko automatic chronograph movement. One huge difference in comparison to other chronograph watches is that the center secondhand is the running secondhand instead of it remaining fixed at the 12:00 position. One of the sub dials will feature your chronograph secondhand. Some members of this form have actually returned ths watch because of that alone. otherwise I've heard great things about the watch and have come close to purchasing it myself. The only thing holding me back was the overall case thickness. This is a very thick case at about 17.5mm in thickness (i think) and at 47mm in diameter this one is just way too bi for me. I don't know if its hackable, I would venture to guess that it probably doesn't. I looked for some case back a pictures to see if the rotor indicates a winding direction but I didn't have any luck. Hope this helps. Also take a look at the discount watch store, and try the "make an offer" feature, you never know you might get it for even less and at the very least a price match.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have an opinion. It should be here within the next few days and if I don't care for it I will send it back

Sent from my Htc Thunderbolt using Tapatalk pro.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my watch in today. Seems to be built well and is quite heavy. It is a hackable movement and the large second hand is the stopwatch. Only active when I push the plunger like any other chronological I have owned. Not sure which day the auto movement winds but you can wind with the crown. Not a screw in crown but I can live with it.

Sent from my Htc Thunderbolt using Tapatalk pro.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
thats a good looking watch, enjoy and wear it often, once you get used to wearing something that is in the 44mm or larger, it's really easy to get used too, and I think personally look the best.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
It is a hackable movement and the large second hand is the stopwatch. Only active when I push the plunger like any other chronological
That is a really good looking watch and I'm glad your happy with your purchase. What is wierd is that it functions like a normal chronogragh. Maybe they recieved some backlash with earlier versions and returned it to a more familiar function set. Can you describe what the movement in the watch?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a really good looking watch and I'm glad your happy with your purchase. What is wierd is that it functions like a normal chronogragh. Maybe they recieved some backlash with earlier versions and returned it to a more familiar function set. Can you describe what the movement in the watch?
I believe it is a ne78a movement. I will take some pics in a few min when I get a chance and post them.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I had a 1911 (I think was the model #) and I sent it back because large second hand wasn't part of the chrono. Mainly since the watch had a tachometer, and without the large second hand being part of the chrono, made it for decoration only...glad to see this one functions like it should, even without the tachometer. It has a hint of a Tag design to it and is good looking watch.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
GODUKE1, Thanks for clearing that up for me. I always thought it was this watch for some reason.

This is a beautiful watch. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received mine today and paid "believe it or not!" $212.00!!!!! I bought it from ---- and was linked to lowest price.:w00t: I was a little hesitant at first too but I read a lot about the movement and the reviews on the watch. I should have bought 2, one to be put away untouched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts