WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! :cool1:
I have a question. I have inherited almost a dozen watches from my father.
Several of them are Rolex. Most of them are too big..and frankly a bit gaudy for my taste.
But there is one that was actually his late brother's that is just the right size for me.
It's a 1986 #16030, stainless datejust. I wear it almost daily.
The back of the watch has my uncle's and his late wife's initials engraved on it.
I would like to get a new back.
Any idea where I can get an authentic part? And how would I know what the right size would be? :001_unsure:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Cheers,
Keith

· Administrator
8,042 Posts
Short of checking eBay or the other similar sites, i suspect your only real option would be to find a local Rolex repair facility and see if they can locate one for you. Be prepared to open your wallet wide though....

How 'deep' is the engraving on the back? It may be possible to have it removed.

· Registered
32 Posts
Hello everyone! :cool1:
I have a question. I have inherited almost a dozen watches from my father.
Several of them are Rolex. Most of them are too big..and frankly a bit gaudy for my taste.
But there is one that was actually his late brother's that is just the right size for me.
It's a 1986 #16030, stainless datejust. I wear it almost daily.
The back of the watch has my uncle's and his late wife's initials engraved on it.
I would like to get a new back.
Any idea where I can get an authentic part? And how would I know what the right size would be? :001_unsure:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Cheers,
Keith
You can have it “skimmed”. I’d call Mike at Rolliworks, CA.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Will do that. :)
-Keith
Short of checking eBay or the other similar sites, i suspect your only real option would be to find a local Rolex repair facility and see if they can locate one for you. Be prepared to open your wallet wide though....

How 'deep' is the engraving on the back? It may be possible to have it removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.