WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't exactly dig around in a trashcan to get it, but I was helping a friend clean out a house he bought and this was in one of the junk drawers. He was going to toss it so I grabbed it.
It's a smaller Bulova, I'm not sure if it's a mens or a woman's. No crown unfortunately, a little bit of brassing but not much, really nothing.
The movement is a 15 jewel swiss, quiet clean! I need to find a crown for it so I can see if it works or not. The dial has a bit of smuts but it's not too bad.

Movement shot isn't that great, I'll retake it another time.

So, what do ya think?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
very nice .....and the price is right too ! .....that's for sure a mans watch ......in the 50s almost all the ladies watches had a single point band attachment .....whereas this has to ....and I could be wrong, but I am under the impression that kind of lug is known as "horned luge"

and besides I recognize that case !!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice .....and the price is right too ! .....that's for sure a mans watch ......in the 50s almost all the ladies watches had a single point band attachment .....whereas this has to ....and I could be wrong, but I am under the impression that kind of lug is known as "horned luge"

and besides I recognize that case !!
The first thing I noticed were the lugs, they're kinda funky!
I gave the watch a tap and it ticked for a few seconds then stopped, the balance wheel is moving freely so I think I should be able to get a crown on there.
Now I just need to find the right crown :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
The first thing I noticed were the lugs, they're kinda funky!
I gave the watch a tap and it ticked for a few seconds then stopped, the balance wheel is moving freely so I think I should be able to get a crown on there.
Now I just need to find the right crown :(
Nice "Director" ; you can find pics of it amongst these ads:

Vintage Bulova Watch Ads | myBulova.com

A lot of those seem to have survived the ages (I have several myself). Not surprising I guess; it was a neat-looking mid-range watch that probably appealed to the more practical sort; the kind of person who would only have one or two watches to begin with and would take care of them.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
So that's what it's called. Thanks Rob. I gave one of them away last year to a forum member. I made a guess about which movement was in a Longines (I narrowed it down to 2) and he won the drawing when I found out I was wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts