WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to-morrow, Friday is my last day as a guest curator at the museum, I suspect most of you think that studying and learning so much about Horology in that time would have been my greatest satisfaction, and indeed it was an amazing learning experience.
But what keeps on coming to my mind is "Teaching others we teach ourselves" That has been my greatest learning experience here at the Museum in Columbia, that and the wonderful people I met.

From the staff, to the wonderful volunteers to the visitors, to the many kind citizens of Columbia that would stop and offer me a kind gesture.

It brings me back to who I believe was one of your greatest Presidents - John F. Kennedy, that in his inaugural speech spoke these wonderful words "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
He also went on to say: "All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, nor in the life of this Administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin."

Therefore I ask you all, as I have learnt, 'ask not what the NAWCC can do for you - but what you can do for it.' This does not necessarily need to be money, it can be articles for the bi-monthly bulletin, it can be volunteer work, donating a timepiece or reference material. What ever you can.

Additionally for me, I take heart in your Presidents second quote, that 'it will not all be finished (accomplished) in 100 days, nor maybe 1000 days, but I 'know' I have started at last to 'teach others'

I sincerely thank Gallet and ALL the staff at NAWCC

Adam
NAWCC seeks to encourage and stimulate interest in the art and science of timekeeping.
Find out what we’re all about • Calendar of Events • Give a Gift • Join Us!
p: 717.684.8261 • f: 717.684.0878 • www.nawcc.org
NAWCC, Inc. • 514 Poplar St. • Columbia PA 17512-2130

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear All
In the inimitable words of John Denver;
John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane - YouTube

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.