WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not often one receives a gift from the person that is leaving, but a few days ago, Al Dodson who had been a lecturer at the National Watch and Clock School was returning to his home - Kentucky. Al had become a great friend to me here at the museum, apart from teaching me some watch repair, we used to chat daily on Horology and his knowledge combined with my enthusiasm took us along so many different paths of horology.

Its about 1 week since Al left, and I miss him here a lot - he left me 'Dennis' to keep me company. Dennis! Dennis Who? Not 'Dennis the menace? No 'Dennis' the Hamilton. A lovely 64 year old friend.

Here you go a yellow gold filled 1948 Hamilton 'Dennis'

Now The Movement - 980 - 17 Jewel. S/no. G598648- 1948/9

Even inside case is marked 'Dennis'

And the box! Cool watch - great friend

Finally the wrist shot:

Acknowledgement
Al Dodson - Friend, mentor and aficionado

NAWCC seeks to encourage and stimulate interest in the art and science of timekeeping.
Find out what we’re all about • Calendar of Events • Give a Gift • Join Us!
p: 717.684.8261 • f: 717.684.0878 • Welcome to NAWCC
NAWCC, Inc. • 514 Poplar St. • Columbia PA 17512-2130

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Nice tribute.

Perhaps one day you could return the favour - give him a Hamilton Dodson!

Catalogued 1938-1948
- 17-jewel 987 movement
- 10K yellow gold filled case
- Available with applied gold numeral dial (most common) & black enamel numeral dial
- 27mm case width, 37mm over the lug tips
- 16mm strap width
- Production figure unknown
- $37.50 (black enamel) & $40.00 (AGN dial) new in 1938
- $52.50 new in 1948 for AGN dial

Here's my enamel dial example - with an awful s/s bracelet that lasted about five minutes before being swapped out for a nice black leather strap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.