WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys, I will come clean and say right off the bat that I normally hang around a bit on the Rolex forum. Please don't hold it against me! :001_unsure:
I have a couple of their diver watches and will soon be looking to get something a bit different - another iconic piece - The Navitimer.

I have seen various versions of the Navitimer and I'm curious to see what you all think about them.

I love the history of the watch and have decided it will be my first "pilots" watch.

From what I can gather, the one to get is with the 7750 tri compax layout.
They also seem to come with either the hour batons or arabic numerals. Which style is favoured by you all? Is one more traditional than the other?

I normally prefer a bracelet but the Navitimer also looks great on the leather strap. Any opinions on the Navitimer bracelet?

Are there any things I should pay particular attention to on the watch before selecting one? Any common "faults" that I should look out for?

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
G'day guys, I will come clean and say right off the bat that I normally hang around a bit on the Rolex forum. Please don't hold it against me! :001_unsure:
I have a couple of their diver watches and will soon be looking to get something a bit different - another iconic piece - The Navitimer.
Great choice here Pete! The face of the Breitling brand! :thumbup:

I have seen various versions of the Navitimer and I'm curious to see what you all think about them.
They all have their pluses & minuses, just depends on what you want. One of the nice things about the whole Navitimer range is there's something for almost everything. Personally, I'm looking to get one too and am torn between the 'standard' Navitimer, the World Navitimer and the Montbrillant Olympus.

I love the history of the watch and have decided it will be my first "pilots" watch.
Woo Hoo!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

From what I can gather, the one to get is with the 7750 tri compax layout.
They also seem to come with either the hour batons or arabic numerals. Which style is favoured by you all? Is one more traditional than the other?
Really it's personal preference. They are all excellent, rugged & accurate machines. I don't think there is a 'bad' Navitimer, just depends on what look, functions you're looking for.

I normally prefer a bracelet but the Navitimer also looks great on the leather strap. Any opinions on the Navitimer bracelet?
I love the bracelet, but also think the Navitimer is one watch that every owner should also have a strap of, either croco (my favorite) or leather. It just looks to good. But the bracelet is a bit more dressy, and extremely comfortable.

Are there any things I should pay particular attention to on the watch before selecting one? Any common "faults" that I should look out for?

Nope, as I said pick the one you like best. I don't think there's a bad one & if you get the one you like the best, you won't be disappointed.

Good luck, look forward to seeing a new Navitimer on your wrist soon! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Scott!
I still can't make up my mine on which hour marker version to get.
I'm leaning towards the arabic dial but the baton version looks like it would be easier to tell the time.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Thanks for the reply Scott!
I still can't make up my mine on which hour marker version to get.
I'm leaning towards the arabic dial but the baton version looks like it would be easier to tell the time.
wow, this sounds very familiar...... :001_unsure: :biggrin:

I have the exact same thoughts, but I do leat towards the Arabic dial. I personaly just like it a wee bit more - I think.... :001_rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.