WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
B.S.

Have contacted Curtis regarding refund of pre order funds, was told it would be no problem as he told folks...well the money must be in Switzerland with the bogus watchmakers...nothing and it's been over a month since first request...

Emails now getting bounced...WTF...!

Who else has any spin on this foolishness??

(posted at WF's too!)

· Registered
330 Posts
Me...I requested a refund on the 14th & again on the 21st--no reply. I'll try a couple more times & hopefully there'll be a response. What's with some of these small outfits these days? First Olivier, now Stolas. It seems they don't have any respect for paying customers. And at the rate they're alienating people, they'll have no paying customers left. Hope we can both get our money back.

· Registered
56 Posts
Me...I requested a refund on the 14th & again on the 21st--no reply. I'll try a couple more times & hopefully there'll be a response. What's with some of these small outfits these days? First Olivier, now Stolas. It seems they don't have any respect for paying customers. And at the rate they're alienating people, they'll have no paying customers left. Hope we can both get our money back.
I did manage to have email contact with Curtis awhile back and was promised a refund, no problem...it hasn't come...and now emails getting bounced...I really don't want to hear about bots crashing the server, I want my money back and all who are waiting for any kind of info on the pre order deserve updates...good or bad...on this forum or any forum or by email...

"F" ...facebook, I didn't place my order there and don't expect me to go there to get any info!

· Registered
155 Posts
WingNut, I feel your frustration. I gave up on this line a while ago but have kept tabs on this thread to see if anything ever materialized. My refund took several email reminders and about a month as well WITHOUT email crashing after the last delay with no info to speak of. If you are an Internet Direct company with a website, than you really should post updates on your website. You have your customer's emails if they placed pre-orders, so email and communicate with them. Really don't understand ignoring those basic customer service steps. I'm fine with the idea that some companies don't want to invest time in checking their forums (bad choice in our jaded opinions) but no excuse for not posting that info on your website, or via email, etc.

Hope you guys get your refund soon.

· Registered
56 Posts
FYI...I received an email from Stolas Watch Company today informing me that my
order status has changed to "refunded".

The refund has not yet posted to
my account but this is progress. Hopefully it will be taken care of
soon.

Thank you Curtis, but I urge you to reach out and keep your
customers informed no matter what the situation.

(as posted on WF's)

· Registered
330 Posts
^^Me too. Got an email last night @ 7:55 stating my status also changed to refunded. It's too bad--all he had to do was let people know how things were progressing, or why things were stalled. Oh well..on to other brands; looks like H2O or SaS are the next most likely. They both have excellent reputations for quality products AND cust service. If anyone else on this board is still waiting for a Naviator, I wish you all the best. I hope if/when you get it that you're quite satisfied with it. Oh, and post pics, please.

· Registered
56 Posts
The good news is I'm having a custom homage build done...and this $$$ will go to that...do I wish I had the "Cumulus"...yes...damn it...have a Kain Sharkskin especially for it...can I use it now...maybe. Good luck to you who are hanging on...:thumbup1:

· Registered
532 Posts
Well my kill date is fast approaching, if it is not in transit by April 30 I will get a refund too. I think waiting nearly a year for something other than the bronze category:wink:, is long enough for any watch these days.

· Registered
56 Posts
Well my kill date is fast approaching, if it is not in transit by April 30 I will get a refund too. I think waiting nearly a year for something other than the bronze category:wink:, is long enough for any watch these days.
Blue...I recall...that the draw for the two of us was the sweet "blue lume" of this watch...that being said...I still have a "jones" for a "Spinnaker"...and was hoping for a watch of the same quality...but at this point with not even a prototype in hand I had to bail...I will miss the "pelican" logo, the "stormy" dial... Curtis, I think you nailed it with this line...but dang it...I can assure you I will miss not having this piece on my wrist...the whole line was the "bomb"...no hard feelings, but at the end of the day I think you missed the "boat"...:001_unsure:

· Registered
330 Posts
Well, Blue, when/if this line of watches ever comes out, you'll still be able to get one- it'll just cost more. As to the lume, afaik, we still haven't actually seen what the lume looks like. It could turn out to be disappointing or a different shade of blue than what you expect. At least, once they're available, you'll know what you're getting. I LIKED this line, but never LOVED it; so if I ever wind up (pun intended) with one, it'll be second-hand. Not worth nearly $1k to me, especially when I can't find ANY info on the movement. I have my suspicions, but I'll just leave it at that.

· Registered
56 Posts
Bull****...Got email on 03/28/13 stating order has been "marked" as refunded...as of today no refund and guess what when I replied to the email asking for satisfaction it was bounced back...anyone else had any luck?

· Registered
330 Posts
Was told 4 months ago that my refund was being processed

nothing so far, have sent about ten messages....nada
Considering the last Stolas post on here was almost 9 months ago & they haven't updated the news on their official site since Christmas eve, one shouldn't be too surprised with their lack of communications. Especially if you've read any threads on any forums where they have a sponsor page; I haven't read anything positive said about the company in almost a year. I wish you luck.

· Registered
3 Posts
I picked this up from the Stølås Facebook page, written by Stølås :

Stølås Watch Co. As soon as I know something, I turn around and get the word out. When my contract worker has nothing to communicate with me, I feel it would be un-respectful to mislead our customers with non accurate information. Although this is a very though-out design to propel us to the next level, it is also a very complicated one to build it seems. Yes we shouldn't have opened the pre-order up so early but were (and still are) super excited about the Naviator that we couldn't resist showing it off. The Naviator is our new coming watch, but we are still focused on our Harbormaster and business with that model. When the Naviator is finished, it will be a beautiful exotic timepiece completely authentic to our brand. It would be foolish for us to only concentrate on the Naviator when our Harbormaster has been in so many print magazines as a top 35 watch design to not focus on that until the Naviator is finished. We have over $60K invested in the Naviator to date and another $80K to go with it. We are not going anywhere. In fact we just opened our new shop where we sell our Harbormasters. We do appreciate those of you who are patient. We look forward to getting the Naviator on your wrist. But until then, our Harbormasters have been satisfying unique enthusiasts around the world.
27. juli kl. 14:39 · 2
Personally I think the lack of communication to those of us that has preordered is unacceptable. ****ty strategy if they are a serious company.....

Merik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

· Registered
532 Posts
Well I decided to tough it out, I am with the Lumtec Bronze so why not with Stolas, and I did have some direct communication with Curtis for some custom work which he responded to pretty fast.
Anyways it seems I picked a couple of watches with the most delays, anybody else with both a bronze Lumtec and a Naviator on deposit order, then you know how I feel.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.