WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what watch do you grab on your way out the door??????????:scared:You can take only one. It doesn't have to be your most expensive one, just the one that can't be replaced. Me first: I'd grab my Dad's gold Hamilton which he received as a graduation present from his parents in the 1940's. It's by far not my most expensive watch, but the most irreplaceable one for sure!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
luckily for me I have one of those leather tubes for 5 watches so I'd grab that on the sprint out of the door. If I had to grab just one.... then I'd grab my grandfathers old Moeris. I'd leave all of mine behind.

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Mr Dear Moderator, you didn't answer the question!!!
Sure I did - I couldn't take just one watch. :001_rolleyes::laugh: The point is moot anyway since roughly half my collection is in a safety deposit box at any point in time.

And :001_tt2:you also violated your #1 rule!!!!!
That rule applies to situations like asking for authenticity or value of a watch. :wink:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'd grab this old beater 1967 Bulova. I was wearing it when I graduated from college, when my wife and I got married and when my son was born. It doesn't look very good any more but it still runs great.

If I had another second I'd grab this 1970 Accutron that I had on when my daughter was born and which was cut from my arm when I was removed from a car with the Jaws of Life following a head on collision with a drunk driver.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd grab this old beater 1967 Bulova. I was wearing it when I graduated from college, when my wife and I got married and when my son was born. It doesn't look very good any more but it still runs great.

If I had another second I'd grab this 1970 Accutron that I had on when my daughter was born and which was cut from my arm when I was removed from a car with the Jaws of Life following a head on collision with a drunk driver.

Very nice, vintage Bulovas and Omegas, right up my alley!!!:001_wub: Not well versed on Accutrons, but I have about a dozen old Bulovas which keep going and going........

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd take my Hamilton Khaki Chrono because it's my first "real" watch (the one that got me started in this sickness) and it was a 40th birthday present from my wife.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
The Clarendon-Linden geological fault (see Wikipedia) isn't that far away from me, so this is a very real possibility. With apologies to dad's Gruen, I'd have to be practical and grab my Eco-Drive.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy decision, my grandfathers Ultra-Chron because nothing else means as much to me which makes it totally irreplaceable.

She's a beauty!!!!! I like the shape of the case, early 70's??? I think I see one of our Mods drooling!!:001_wub:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
She's a beauty!!!!! I like the shape of the case, early 70's??? I think I see one of our Mods drooling!!:001_wub:
Thank you, :thumbup1:

The watch was made in 1970 and as for the mod drooling I think he would be more interested in the dial because he has already informed that the crosshair dial is his favourite style in the Ultra-Chron.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
so Rob,

do you grab the watch box and then out in the street go "dang, I could use a drink" or do you grab the vino to get over leaving the watch behind?

:wink:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
so Rob,

do you grab the watch box and then out in the street go "dang, I could use a drink" or do you grab the vino to get over leaving the watch behind?

:wink:
That's easy....the wine has been drank. :wink:

Open the lid and show us what's inside

It's what we Canadians call a Two-Four. :biggrin:

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts