WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently picked up a Cartier tank at a local antique shop and I don't know if its real. The watch appears to be from the 1960's however the movement is Jules Jurgensen 17 jewels. It fits perfectly in the case but I don't know if Jules Jurgensen ever made movements for Cartier or if this is a replacement/ fake.

Any input is helpful, thanks!

· Administrator
8,022 Posts
Cartier used movements from various watch movement manufacturers up until about 2005 but, as srgray stated, without a photo of the watch dial, case back and the movement inside there wont be much else we can help with.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I recently picked up a Cartier tank at a local antique shop and I don't know if its real. The watch appears to be from the 1960's however the movement is Jules Jurgensen 17 jewels. It fits perfectly in the case but I don't know if Jules Jurgensen ever made movements for Cartier or if this is a replacement/ fake.

Any input is helpful, thanks!
Update: sorry about the lack of pictures. I'm now 99% sure its fake lol no signatures on the dial.
Natural material Wood Watch accessory Gas Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Gadget Gesture
Natural material Wood Watch accessory Gas Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Gadget Gesture

· Administrator
8,022 Posts
Given the condition of the 'gold coloured' plating on the case I'm inclined to agree that its likely a fake but to be honest i cant read the writing or serial # of the movement. Also, is there any sort of markings below the balance wheel ? Any markings on the inside of the case back ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.