WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new here, so hello to all, and just want a bit of guidance if you have a minute. I've wanted a Breitling for many years and just last night my wife said she want to get me a Breitling as an anniversary gift; yea I know I have an amazing wife. I don't want her to spend too much so I'd hope to keep it just over/under $4,000 if possible. I want a self-winding (I love the idea of a quality mechanical watch) Breitling with at least one additional time zone since we travel a good bit. Also, can you suggest a few good online dealers. thanks

I've been looking at the Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Superocean which seems to be discontinued but is in the range I'm looking for.

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-mens-watch-a1334011-c6-131a.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the anniversary. I think you should get the navitimer 01. Or for that matter any of the pieces with their in house mvt...
Thanks for the reply. The Navitimer is one beautiful timepiece but it's a bit more than I'd like to see her to spend. She'd be more comfortable with something around $4K give or take.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Any reason you're focused only on Breitling? I think if the budget is <$4000, there are much better bang-for-the buck options - Hamilton, Ball, Oris, Sinn ...

That said, the answer is Superocean Heritage, white dial blue bezel

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Agree with ~tc~ The SO heritage is very nice, but perhaps you could take a step back and spend a bit more time looking at other watches in the same price range. I know it's easy to get fixated on one watch or brand in particular but there are a LOT of great choices in your price range.
Having said that, if a Breitling is what you have your heart set on, best of luck with the hunt :thumbup1:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any reason you're focused only on Breitling? I think if the budget is <$4000, there are much better bang-for-the buck options - Hamilton, Ball, Oris, Sinn ...

That said, the answer is Superocean Heritage, white dial blue bezel
I've been giving this more thought after you suggested more bang for the buck and I'm now looking at the Omega Seamaster also. I went watching window shopping yesterday and the Omega really is a beautiful watch also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been giving this more thought after you suggested more bang for the buck and I'm now looking at the Omega Seamaster also. I went watching window shopping yesterday and the Omega really is a beautiful watch also.
OK, so I just stopped into a local pawn shop, I've known the owner for probably 15 years or more, and what do I see sitting in a case - a stunning Breitling Navitimer. It was a beautiful Navitimer and in like new condition; it just needs some additional links which he does not have, nor does he have the box or any paperwork. He had it listed at $4,999 which is crazy but after talking with him he offered to sell it for $3,300 out the door w/no tax. I may go back with my jeweler's loop and inspect it a bit more and see if he'd let it go for $3,000 . Do you think $3,000 would be a good price for this watch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It does, it looks something like this one.
View attachment 35833

I'm going to go check it out again tomorrow with a loop and I'll report back with more information.
Well the plot thickens. I got some numbers on the Breitling Navitimer watch I found in the pawn shop which he wanted $3,300 out the door for and it appears to be a fake. The markings on the watch are A24322 but the Model says DEPOSE which from what I'm seeing is a fake. Am I correct in this? The bracelet has a marking that reads W0809, not sure what that means.

All I can say is Thank God for the Internet

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.