WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

With all the problems the Swatch monopoly has caused I was sure I wouldn't be able to get one of my old school pieces repaired. Well Bill (my local watchmaker) got lucky and was able to buy a good deal of parts and movements from a Sellita supplier in Switzerland. Since he has previous customers whose watches use the movements as well, he was fortunate. The wind gear shattered in my "300" series mod 4469 and all the little pieces fell down into the case and made a real mess of things. It took a month to get my watch back (much quicker than IWG I'll wager). But now I have a pristine timepiece again. A cleaned, re calibrated SW200 and keeping time within COSC specs. He said that the ETA 2824-2 parts wouldn't work even tho the SW200 is a clone. His company Swatch account wasn't much help.
BTW I'm glad to be back after an extended sabbatical:cool1:

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks Scott,

I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted. Funny how time slips away so quickly.Well, I got some incoming pieces I will share when they finally hit home next week. Cant wait to see them myself. Have a great day all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.