WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tag Heuer Professional 200 meter divers watch that I have had in my possession for about 15 years. I purchased at an estate sale and have not worn it in about 5 years. I normally wear one of my Accutron Spaceview watches but have decided to change it up and wear it for awhile. Anyway, on the back of the watch, the serial number is 980.020D. Can someone tell me what this serial number says about the watch? Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
Not being able to see (hint, hint, hint) the back of the watch, is it really the serial number, or the movement's caliber?

· Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the case back and do not see any numbers. I see no serial numbers on the back of the watch either. The model no. 980-020D is very lightly etched on the back of the case just above the word "SWISS". That is the only identification number I can find other than the stuff written on the movement itself.
Brown Material property Circle Close-up Font
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Gauge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.