WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the dial swapped last week at the London RSC,

The old dial I got back, (also with hands)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Looks good. But I'd of thought that Rolex would polish it up a little better for you. Did you not ask them for that or is the watch maybe a bit dirty?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the flash exaggerating things. I pulled out my microfibre cloth after those pics (I know it should have been the other way...) and it came out shiny.

In normal lighting (not flash exposure), it still looks new. Also, I did not get it serviced - just a dial replacement.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Nice to hear it was only fingerprints. Everything I've gotten back from Rolex was shined to perfection.

A side question, what are you doing with an Ada book? You working on some legacy apps or US Gov't apps?

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Wow Mike, that is also a very handsome timepiece...:001_wub:
Your sure have taste in watches..:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow bull, I don't mean to digress but am glad you are healing well...was shocked when reading your thread...so much so I forgot to reply :eek: :sad:

I think you should be glad that the clasp on your GMTIIC failed like it did, at least you still have your hand! I bet every minute feels like a second chance at life?

Ah, not ADA as such. This semester I've got a Embedded Micro & Real Time Systems module - we do quite a bit of POSIX coding using threading and the Real Time libraries in C. The book however, has examples in ada, java and C etc...

GJ: Thanks mate...:001_wub:

With my Mom's Lady DateJust, which I got her for Christmas,

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Very nice! Congrats! BTW, what is the extra faceplate/dial for? Did you purchase it seperate from the watch? Do you change them on your own every once in a while?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi timefinder. It actually *came* with the pink romans. I had already seen a lot of photos of this watch whilst at my AD in Geneva, but seeing that dial in the flesh sealed the deal for me.

In London, you can have the dial swapped and replaced up to three months later from the date of purchase or else, they also 'force' a full service on you.

It was around 5-months for this piece but the staff were sensible and did not want the service. They would have polished it only if I had asked them to as well :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ooops...sorry. They only 'force' the service if the watch is older than 3 months.

However, although mine was 5-months new they just did the dial swap and I paid for workmanship and the cost of the new dial :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts