WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An Update

Well the movement lives if you can believe it! I will definitely need to send it in as the winding rotor seems to go around not as smoothly as last time and the crown when winding is a bit scratchy. I am suprised the movement survived and continues to tick away

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Nicko, very sorry to hear about the fall.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nicko, very sorry to hear about the fall.
Thanks Rob. I just discovered this and know why it wasn't working properly. Had a loose screw and a watch doesn't work with a screw stuck in the balance wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Well the movement lives if you can believe it! I will definitely need to send it in as the winding rotor seems to go around not as smoothly as last time and the crown when winding is a bit scratchy. I am suprised the movement survived and continues to tick away
Sounds like you broke or deformed the staff pivot tips which ride in the jewel cup. On notion could be, is that you might have also damaged the balance. With the spill the watch took, I bet if you put the watch on a watch timer the amplitude is way off. This could be caused by the balance staff also being damaged by the fall. The shock mechanism can do so much on the balance bridge.
Arthur

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Thanks Rob. I just discovered this and know why it wasn't working properly. Had a loose screw and a watch doesn't work with a screw stuck in the balance wheel.

The screw stuck in the balance wheel, might deform the balance hairspring. Becareful not to move it around till you get it fixed. The screw pressure on the spring is not a good situation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.