WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I was alerted that there was a NIB C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 for sale on eBay. It had a reasonable "buy it now" price, and was one of the prized 'old logo' versions. How could I refuse.

It arrived today and is exactly as described. New in the box, just as it left the CW HQ. I think it looks especially good on the tan leather strap. But unfortunately, with the CW clasp, the strap is just a bit too large for my wrist. So, I removed the clasp and replaced it with a Crown & Buckle black PVD buckle I had on hand. Now it fits perfectly on my 184 mm wrist using the last hole provided on the strap.

This is my second C8, as I already have a C8 Pilot MK II with a beige dial. And as it is 44mm in diameter and only 9.7mm high I think it is just about the perfect fit for me.

Info from the CW website:

Features
> Swiss made
> 26 Jewel automatic movement
> Incabloc anti-shock system
> 38 Hour power reserve
> Old Radium Super-luminova hands and indices
> Screw down back plate
> Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
> Soft iron anti-magnetic inner case and dial
> Balance wheel viewing window
> Tunnel stitch and calf's leather strap
> Butterfly opening deployment system
Technical
> Diameter: 44mm
> Height: 9.7mm
> Weight: 114g
> Calibre: Sellita SW200-1
> Strap: 22mm Leather
> Vibrations: 28800 per hour

A few pictures.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
That looks really good! I like that vintage look, and the strap suits it well. Decent movement in it - the Sellita. I know you just used it because you had it, but the buckle doesn't suit. It is a nice enough buckle, just the wrong colour. I'm sure you will use something else when available.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Great photos, beauty watch Rick....Congratulations it definitely looks BNIB....you say you got it for a reasonable price....no brainer, well played. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Very nice!!! I really like the CW pilots, every time I see one I want to pull the trigger on them (I know, no one here's gonna stop me!) .. :001_tt1:

Enjoy!! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts