WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY latest purchase 214 14k case with Champion 14k GF bracelet. The watch and bracelet are in mint condition. I was taken by the dial with the large number markers. Could this be a Swiss case. Not marked Swiss but there are two T's on the bottom of the dial. I currently have eight Accutrons all with 14k cases. Some include a 214 TV, 214 Doctor's dial, 214 alpha Spaceview and others. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
MY latest purchase 214 14k case with Champion 14k GF bracelet. The watch and bracelet are in mint condition. I was taken by the dial with the large number markers. Could this be a Swiss case. Not marked Swiss but there are two T's on the bottom of the dial. I currently have eight Accutrons all with 14k cases. Some include a 214 TV, 214 Doctor's dial, 214 alpha Spaceview and others. Thanks for looking
Great addition to your collection. Can you share pictures of your other Accutrons?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I wanted to mention that the 214 is an M5 1965 production. I will post photo's of some of my other watches.
Just wanted to comment on why I got interested in Accutrons. When I graduated form the University in1964 my first job was at a Naval Research lab in San Francisco . My Supervisor had purchased a new Accutron and I was just amassed at what a beautiful watch and such a good time keeper. I left the lab in 1969 and took a position at Stanford University. I started by collecting German wall regulators and joined the National Watch Association. As time went on I started collecting watches-mostly Breiting and Panerai. As I always searched through Timezone I started noticing last year the availability of Accutron Watches. I couldn't believe that these were the same watches that I had admired in the 1960's and most still keeping time to several minutes a month. I was so taken that I had to have one for my collection. Of course you can never own just one Accutron-so my collection now has grown to eight.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Nice acquisition. Can't wait to see the rest of your 14k collection.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Ts indicate the use of Tritium(H-3) as the luminous material on watches. We usually see Ts on Swiss watches that are marked "T Swiss T" or "T-Swiss-T." Although usually associated with Swiss Made watches, the use of the Ts may not be exclusively a Swiss thing. The best way to know if your watch has Swiss origins will be found on the inside of the case back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts