WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a relatively new wristwatch collector with a new purchase coming. Have a little more experience with pocket watches and seemed to have developed an affinity for Lord Elgins. Below is my new watch and all the seller said was it was from the 50's. I would love to know much more. can all you knowledgeable folks help me out? Any info appreciated, thank you, Duke

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,396 Posts
I'm inclined to think that watch is from the very early 1960's but i haven't been able to find an advertisement for it so far. One of our members here (Grumpyguy) has a terrific collection of Elgin / Lord Elgin watches and he would likely be able to identify the model name for your watch. You can view his collection and contact him here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm inclined to think that watch is from the very early 1960's but i haven't been able to find an advertisement for it so far. One of our members here (t to Grumpyguy) has a terrific collection of Elgin / Lord Elgin watches and he would likely be able to identify the model name for your watch. You can view his collection and contact him here.
Thank you Mikey, I have reached out to Grumpy!

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
I also think it's later than the 50's, but I'm guessing more like 1963 or 1964 at the earliest. Going over the Hamilton catalogs of that era, Hammys still had hands shaped like these until 1962. When one watch company went to a newer and more modern style of anything, their competitors were quick to follow suit.

Watch Photograph Analog watch Clock Font

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also think it's later than the 50's, but I'm guessing more like 1963 or 1964 at the earliest. Going over the Hamilton catalogs of that era, Hammys still had hands shaped like these until 1962. When one watch company went to a newer and more modern style of anything, their competitors were quick to follow suit.

View attachment 232846
Thank you so much for your thoughts. Do you think it is still a made in USA movement?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts