WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

My new watch came yesterday: the beautiful Orange Monster...

I won't go into technical details because I think most of you already know the specs and movement of this watch. You better take a look at the whole process of unpacking the watch, sizing the bracelet and some other fancy pics as well:

The box was sent by the seller from Caracas.

Let's begin...

This box seems a little old, and it's bigger than the one that came with my Black Monster.

Indeed, the box IS old, even the Seiko logo seems out-dated.

I don't care about the box anymore once I opened it and saw this beauty... The watch is completely new, by the way.

The box has a hidden compartment on the bottom, which serves to keep the manual and certificate in place. That's a nice detail, IMO.

Here's the whole package: watch, box, manual, warranty and certificate.

Here's the famous blue sticker. It was removed after taking that pic.

Ok. Now it's time to resize the hefty bracelet, even though some people say it's a tricky task to do, I don't find it that difficult. Here are the tools I used: a paper clip (to take the bracelet off), a pen (use the tip to push on the side of the collar pin once the bracelet is resized, to secure them) and a plier (to hold the paper clip's tip firmly while pushing the pins out.)

The paper clip goes through those little holes on each side of the case, to remove the bracelet quickly and with no harm to the steel.

Ready! Now the not-so-hard work begins: removing five links off the bracelet (I have 7,5" wrists. ) I'll obviate that part 'cause there would be too many pics.

The famous wave logo, inspired on the Hokusai's painting "The Great Wave of Kanagawa" (circa 1831.)

Done! As many people have said before, and I certify that, this bracelet itself worths the money one pays for the monsters, and it's one of the most comfortable bracelets I've ever put on.

No monster review would be complete without a lume shot, this is one of the reasons people get this watches, because of their outstanding lume. Here's my monster in darkness...

The domed Hardlex mineral crystal.

Well, it's time to take it off again for the last two pics...

This watch is a beauty, it'll be a keeper as my Black Monster. I hope you like the pics...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
very, very nice...

:):)

Mr Torres:thumbup1:

that is a fine example of a Seiko watch:thumbup:

I'd really like to see your two monters together:thumbup:

congrats, great watch..:001_wub:

diver88:):)

BTW , SpongeBob is pretty cool there, right at home...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Mr Torres:thumbup1:

that is a fine example of a Seiko watch:thumbup:

I'd really like to see your two monters together:thumbup:

congrats, great watch..:001_wub:

BTW , SpongeBob is pretty cool there, right at home...
Here's one picture of my two monsters together. Enjoy:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts

pretty cool Mr Torres:thumbup:

any more Monsters on your horizon?

I hear there are red, blue, and yellow:T

very, very nice sir:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great pixs

I really love my OM. Since I've owned my OM, I've added two more Seiko pieces. I do have to admit, these are by far the best watches I have in my small collection.

For those of you guys on the fence about buying either the black or orange, jump on the orange and get the one with the bracelet. It's easier to add the rubber strap than having to pony up later for a used one. But you cannot go wrong with either.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Thanks ST!!
Great and informative post.
A paper clip!!
Who would'a thunk???

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

pretty cool Mr Torres:thumbup:

any more Monsters on your horizon?

I hear there are red, blue, and yellow:T

very, very nice sir:thumbup::thumbup:

I wish I could buy some of the other monsters, I'd love to have the Red Monster, but they're more expensive than the orange and the black one. Citizens in my country are allowed to spend only 400$ a year on internet buyings :cursing: (and venezuelan credit cards are not allowed on eBay, by the way...), so my chances to get one of those watches are ZERO, at least by internet. Prices for an OM or a BM in a shop or an AD in Venezuela are almost...(take a seat first, guys)...1,500$ (fifteen hundred dollars) :scared: :scared: :scared:. I don't even want to know how much they would charge for a Red Monster or even one of those limited editions, the yellow and blue monsters...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ST!!
Great and informative post.
A paper clip!!
Who would'a thunk???
Thanks!

A paper clip is more useful than people think. It even does a great job cleaning fingernails when in a hurry! :wink:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really love my OM. Since I've owned my OM, I've added two more Seiko pieces. I do have to admit, these are by far the best watches I have in my small collection.

For those of you guys on the fence about buying either the black or orange, jump on the orange and get the one with the bracelet. It's easier to add the rubber strap than having to pony up later for a used one. But you cannot go wrong with either.

Personally, I'd recommend to buy the Black Monster first. The legibility of the BM is much better than the OM, and besides that, it's a much more suitable watch for wearing different kind of clothes with and you can easily go to a semi-formal event wearing a BM. It looks good with a shirt and tie. The OM is a more sporty watch and I agree that it looks better on a black strap, either rubber or a leather one. The contrast of the orange color with the black of the strap is great...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

He's got it outside KW,

probably using it for a yard light at night:lol::lol:

MR Torres,

I've never seen any monsters in person other than orange and black..

that's a really nice collection....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:)

MR Torres,

I've never seen any monsters in person other than orange and black..

that's a really nice collection....

Neither have I, but the Red Monster looks great on pics so If I had the chance to pick another Monster I'd choose that one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good you got the 2 of 4, now all that is left are the red and blue monsters. Those are ltd. editions.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good you got the 2 of 4, now all that is left are the red and blue monsters. Those are ltd. editions.
There's a limited edition Yellow Monster as well. Neither this nor the blue one are appealing to me, the only one I'd buy is the Red Monster. Imagine it with a black rubber (or leather) strap and red stitches...:001_tt1:

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Nice addition, Sebastian. I have the black Monster and I love it.

BTW, I once, in my younger day when tie clasps were in vogue, used an extra large paper clip for a tie clasp that I lost when I was employed in corporate America (Bausch & Lomb).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts