WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until a week ago I thought I'd never say those words.
Don't get me wrong- I've NOTHING against Orient. It's just that they never had anything that I desired...except for a power reserve indicator.
Well, I just took care of that! I found one at a one-day-only sale.

First thing I did was switch to leather. I felt it would look better and I didn't want to scratch up the bracelet. Also it was too bloody long and I didn't feel like messing with link removal. No movement shot...the solid case back is torqued down pretty tight!

My main reason for mentioning this, though, is I bought it from our sponsor the Discount Watch Store. As mentioned before, it was the daily deal, and the price was so low I had to look twice. 1/100 of a second later I was at their site saying SELL ME ONE NOW!!!

Wrong. I couldn't access my pay pal account (the problem was on my end, not theirs) so I got on the phone. The girl who answered was very understanding and efficient. We breezed through the ordering process.

That was Wednesday. Saturday morning, my Orient is there sitting in my mailbox! Now I don't know about where you live, but up here 3 days from order to delivery is pretty gosh-darn impressive.

Thank you, Discount Watch Store. You're going to have another repeat customer!

Reactions: Richard-

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm excited to hear your thoughts on Orient after having it for a few weeks.

It is a beauty and I wish I would have gotten one!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Great looking Orient, CometHunter!

Orient certainly offers a lot of bang for the buck, especially since they can so often be had for huge discounts.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Watchdog said:
Great looking Orient, CometHunter!

Orient certainly offers a lot of bang for the buck, especially since they can so often be had for huge discounts.
And an in-house movement! If I could afford one I would get one. They are great watches and I hear next to none if no complaints at all about them! Always get good reviews and have great designs.

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It admittedly is a nice irredescent blue, however that's purely an accident. I'm conservative= very much so. I have purchased ONE AND ONLY ONE rainbow colored dial before now...my Blue Lagoon by Edouard Lauzieres.

When unwrapping the Orient, it was at night with indirect incandescent lighting. The dial looked black and I was pleasantly surprised at how handsome it looked. It wasn't the next day, outside, that the blue showed-up. Frankly I'd prefer black. But I'm not going to continue to gripe about it. For fifty bucks, it's a nice watch, no matter what color(s) the dial seems to be (or how noisy the rotor is).

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Gerry. I'm happy with the switch too. It was dumb luck I had a spare 20 mm strap available. Just about all my extras are 17-19mm.
And the Discount Watch Store always has awesome deals!

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mehh- the power reserve dial's fun to play with but that's about it. And I'm not used to such a noisy rotor. I know it's only 1/3 thru the breal-in period, but right now we're lookin' at +60 to +70 seconds a day. I'm going Saturday to get a black Dakota Watch strap for 10 bucks, remove the Hirsch, and save it for something more expensive. It's MORE than worth the $50 bucks I shelled out for it, but not one of my faves. I'll stick to scarfing up old Hamiltons (be on the lookout for the 1938 Clark that Tom (Vintagehamiltons) was trying to sell) for now, with maybe an occasional Gruen thrown in. :001_rolleyes:

Reactions: Valtyr
1 - 10 of 10 Posts