WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got a couple of new Invicta's yesterday. The first is the model 1002 diver which I've been looking at for a while finally got the cash together and grabbed it. NH35A movement which I like alot. Will review after it has a few miles on it. Other watch is in the next post.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Rectangle Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Measuring instrument
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Watch accessory
Watch Silver Analog watch Material property Watch accessory

·
Registered
302 Posts
My other new watch is a quartz diver, model 13671. Never saw it before last week, it was on ShopNBC and I fell in love. It has a nice size and feel, 48mm x 17mm. I'll comment more once it's got some use.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle
Watch Analog watch Clock Automotive lighting Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Measuring instrument

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice looking watches Bill. How's the bracelet on the 1002 ? Is it nice and solid, or on the weak side? I was looking at a 12167 and some of the reviews said the bracelet was "cheap".

Oh nevermind, I am being picky about a $100 watch. Guess I'll find out when mine gets here :sneaky2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a couple of new Invicta's yesterday. The first is the model 1002 diver which I've been looking at for a while finally got the cash together and grabbed it. NH35A movement which I like alot. Will review after it has a few miles on it. Other watch is in the next post.
View attachment 36287 View attachment 36288 View attachment 36289 View attachment 36290
I like the looks of that model. My 9937OB has the SW200 movement. It drove me crazy for a while. It was gaining 10 to 15 seconds a day, compounded. I regulated it and now it it is getting around 2 to 3 seconds + - a day. Not to bad. I can live with that.

I am curious to see how the Japanese movement keeps time. I love mechanical movements, but want them to be fairly accurate.

tvterry

·
Registered
515 Posts
View attachment 36287 View attachment 36288 View attachment 36289 View attachment 36290
I think youll be happy with the 1002, it has been very solid for me so far. Look forward to your personal review on it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice looking watches Bill. How's the bracelet on the 1002 ? Is it nice and solid, or on the weak side? I was looking at a 12167 and some of the reviews said the bracelet was "cheap".

Oh nevermind, I am being picky about a $100 watch. Guess I'll find out when mine gets here :sneaky2:
The only neg I have found for this watch so far is the band, but like you said it is certainly nothing to complain about in a $100 watch.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like the looks of that model. My 9937OB has the SW200 movement. It drove me crazy for a while. It was gaining 10 to 15 seconds a day, compounded. I regulated it and now it it is getting around 2 to 3 seconds + - a day. Not to bad. I can live with that.

I am curious to see how the Japanese movement keeps time. I love mechanical movements, but want them to be fairly accurate.

tvterry
The 1002 has been very popular lately, alot of people getting (and liking) it. This is my 2nd automatic with the NH35A movement, the 1st one is 2 months old and so far it's about 1 to 2 minutes fast per week. I'm told that is very good for an automatic. We'll see how the 1002 does, I've set both to the exact same time. I'm surprised what you said about the SW200, I've heard it's a really great movement. Now that it's regulated, I bet it keeps much better time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 1002 has been very popular lately, alot of people getting (and liking) it. This is my 2nd automatic with the NH35A movement, the 1st one is 2 months old and so far it's about 1 to 2 minutes fast per week. I'm told that is very good for an automatic. We'll see how the 1002 does, I've set both to the exact same time. I'm surprised what you said about the SW200, I've heard it's a really great movement. Now that it's regulated, I bet it keeps much better time.
It keeps pretty good time now. It's within 2 to 3 seconds + - a day. The hard part was regulating it. I have had the back off about 10 times an made adjustments. I like "do it yourself" jobs. Anyhow, the only watch guy in my area wanted a minium of $60 to do the job.

If a person can't buy an automatic watch that doesn't get at least a second or two of accuracy one way or the other over a 24 hour period, why buy..... Maybe I am expecting to much, but I will never give up.

I do like my 9937OB. I purchased it because it is a heck of a lot cheaper that a Submariner.

tvterry

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
This is something we see all the time when a person makes the transition from quartz to his first mainspring watch: unreal demands for inherent accuracy.
Expecting a running rate of only 1 to 2 seconds (plus or minus) per day is pretty much standard for quartz. But a gear-driven watch by its very nature should not be held responsible for the same accuracy unless you're paying thousands of dollars for the dis-assembly and reworking of the movement as in the higher-priced brands. Your average auto, fresh out of the box is perfectly normal at -/+ 15 seconds per day, even though nowadays it's not uncommon to get one that runs -/+ 7 - 10 seconds.
Do the math - there are approximately 86,400 seconds in a 24-hour period. Even if your watch was off by as much as ninety seconds each day,it would still be running at 99.9% efficiency. And to be better than that is pretty good for something as cheap as an Invicta. Heck, even my Ball Fireman II gains 6 seconds each day!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Terry and Bill, what do you think the bracelet size (at the lugs) is on the 1002? The only spec I could find says 21mm, but that's kind of an odd number, although it IS an Invicta. Already looking at a replacement bracelet and I haven't even got my watch yet :laugh:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This is something we see all the time when a person makes the transition from quartz to his first mainspring watch: unreal demands for inherent accuracy.
Expecting a running rate of only 1 to 2 seconds (plus or minus) per day is pretty much standard for quartz. But a gear-driven watch by its very nature should not be held responsible for the same accuracy unless you're paying thousands of dollars for the dis-assembly and reworking of the movement as in the higher-priced brands. Your average auto, fresh out of the box is perfectly normal at -/+ 15 seconds per day, even though nowadays it's not uncommon to get one that runs -/+ 7 - 10 seconds.
Do the math - there are approximately 86,400 seconds in a 24-hour period. Even if your watch was off by as much as ninety seconds each day,it would still be running at 99.9% efficiency. And to be better than that is pretty good for something as cheap as an Invicta. Heck, even my Ball Fireman II gains 6 seconds each day!
This is not my first auto manual watch. I have had about 40 or more over the last 50 years. Most have been Bulova's. They all kept great time. The ones I bought within the last 20 years have been accurate to within 2 to 6 seconds + or - a day.I figured a new manufactured watch should be even better. As of now it is running about 1 to 3 seconds + or - a day.

As for Quartz watches, the only ones I have at present are my new Invicita's. I did buy a new Bulova quartz back in the late 60's when they first came out.

To me a watch should be reasonably accurate. There is no reason why an auto movement should not be. I love to tinker with mechanical things and this watch is no differant. At least I have made it run 100% better than it came out of the box. When I buy a watch I expect it to be accurate. If it's not I will do all I can to make it that way.

Parshooter, My 9937 measures 20mm as best as I ca measure. Hope that helps.....

tvterry

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey Terry and Bill, what do you think the bracelet size (at the lugs) is on the 1002? The only spec I could find says 21mm, but that's kind of an odd number, although it IS an Invicta. Already looking at a replacement bracelet and I haven't even got my watch yet :laugh:
I actually measured 22mm at the lugs but I use a tape measure, not a calliper. So far, I like the bracelet on the 1002. It's not real heavy but it is solid ss and doesn't taper down as it goes to the clasp. It has a brushed finish on the sides and polished down the middle. It feels well made and very comfortable. Not sure you'll need to replace it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Got my 1002 yesterday. My first attempt at adjusting a bracelet and it went with no problems. The bracelet is ok, but I don't like the clasp. Not gonna spend any money on a new one. Overall, I like the watch, my first auto Invicta. Watch Analog watch White Light Rectangle

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.