WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

My most recent purchase

4K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  oracle 
Really, how did they design the parameters for each link to work with each other, and then make the machines that make those sort of hideously complex bands for things as 'mundane' as wrist watch in the days before CAD/CAM, advanced computers, etc, were common place???? The mind boggles.... :thumbup:

let alone the watches themselves... So are the mesh bands made from wire coils wrapped together and then pressed and trimmed or what? I want to know!
I reckon the watches were the easy part. Fine to say the mesh was pressed and trimmed but really think about all those tiny tiny pieces working together. I have no idea. It's like looking at the complexity of a huge bridge across a river. You just can't get your head around how they did it with just pencils, paper and a T-square....

Well it's a big love-in then!!! :thumbup1:

I'm watching the grand final of our V8 touring car championship (don't start me...).

Oh yeah - you yanks will have a little taste of it next year at Dallas. Trust me, if you love cars or not you will WANT to see this stuff live. It'll blows your brains out. Forget NASCAR comparisons - that's just dull. These guys mean it.

However, back on topic, I'm wearing my operating 218...I can't be bothered, too much speed on TV.

Parents? Never put an ADHD in front of motorsport. Or watches. Or both at the same time. That's my advice.

Lets not start, seriously, or it will simply never end....and I can't have yet another time-consuming obsession..as appealing as it may be (i'm sure you know exactly what i mean..).. You sound busy enough anyway......fscuk I found one degree, an 11-7 job, delivering pizzas in my down-time, an overwhelming climate, friends, parents, etc etc and a very very difficult GF, whilst just sometimes trying to have a quite drink and a moment without anyone else near you, hard.

Fscuk , four degrees. :scared: i think you've proved you brain is big enough. :001_tt2:

I'm literally sitting on the toilet whilst typing this. Which I find hard to believe :mellow: but it makes total sense. I have a portable tray for the computer which I can carry around the house for wherever I land. (bed/lounge/toilet). There is only so many times you can read the pile of the same car mags for new info. Though I never tire of trawling over the entrails of (pick a brand, year) yankee muscle cars.....pick a page number. Then of course there is the aussie stuff......

Really, don't respond with new info....particularly stuff on music. i can't go that path. i don't know how you make your mind accommodate that much input. I have learnt you just have to turn your back and say no, or go mad. Whilst having half an eye on it.

Or whatever. Your only young once... :cool1::cool1:

Rod is very underrated. Sure Young Turks was for the $$$$ and not really art, but for a 17yr old in the bush with few other options it was infectious. Youtubing as I write....

Auto racing? Get your diary out for when the aussie V8s land in Dallas. They are all VERY excited about it. A gig in the US, when they actually worked out what they are doing, is really what they have craved for a decade or so. And these boys are the real deal. The pure tribalness of Ford V Holden (think Chev) down here is amazing. You think people are passionate about Accutrons?? Whole families here will live or die on wether you are Holden or Ford. It's one of the first questions you ask anyone to work them out. Of course these days it's a bit more diluted, but scratch the surface and out it comes....

Curvon????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.