WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an 8928 Pro Diver two-tone. I like this watch, it's very nice looking and fun to wear. My only compaints about it are: the low magnification on the date window, the bezel is a bit difficult to rotate and is not uni-directional, and my final complaint is that the movement (Miyota Japanese) is a bit jumpy. So, my question is: Would the Swiss version of this watch correct some of these compaints?

Thanks in advanced. :001_cool:​

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
It would probably correct ALL of them.
I believe that the bezel is supposed to be unidiectional on your watch.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Hi Greg. I have an 8928, 2 tone gold/sstl with a blue dial and bezel.

It does have an unidirectional bezel and if difficult to turn, try washing in a mild liquid hand soap to see if that loosens it up.

I am told that the newer Swiss Pro Diver, which is 43 mm, has a 3x cyclops magnifier but I do not own a plain one to verify. As for the movement, the SW200 Swiss movement is smoother for sure. And for these upgrades, you would pay three times the price.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Anyone know the beats per second on the Japanese model compared to the Swiss one?

I think the Japanese model is 21600 per hour and the Swiss is a standard 28,800 per hour.

here is a good link to compare but it is the Eta that is the Swiss model.

http://www.17jewel.com/two.html

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I don't have that watch, but it's not that much different than my 8926, which has a unidirectional bezel. The description of this watch on a major retail website says that it should be unidirectional. Mine turns pretty easily, except when my fingers are greasy.

I don't have any experience with the Swiss automatic movement but I've heard that it's smoother, but not as smooth as a Rolex.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my last invicta from tv came broken and it the clear protective over dial missing. the watch looked like it was sent back before because it still did not work. the new ocean ghost chron. mother of pearl dial.it had a technica swiss ebauche microtenique mechanical movement, verry nice looking but it did not run.the sides of the case had finger prints and it was not mine.when jim s. showed the watch on tv and you could not see the watch perform the functions i should have known then something is up. i sent it back.i still like invictas, i own 28 and have 71 watches in total but still no mechanical chron. another watch guy, jim94

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Greg. I have an 8928, 2 tone gold/sstl with a blue dial and bezel.

It does have an unidirectional bezel and if difficult to turn, try washing in a mild liquid hand soap to see if that loosens it up.

I am told that the newer Swiss Pro Diver, which is 43 mm, has a 3x cyclops magnifier but I do not own a plain one to verify. As for the movement, the SW200 Swiss movement is smoother for sure. And for these upgrades, you would pay three times the price.
I've always used some small drops of light oil off the tip of a toothpick around the bezel and have had good luck and no adverse affects to the watch or crystal.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
The 99xx series would solve all the issues, as foggy said. however, that series is a bit hard to find as Invicta has moved up to 43/44mm divers as its "standard" offerings. so check the size before you buy, no matter what your taste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts