WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my little collection of watches I own. It's not much but it is what it is, the first is my armitron/seagull (no actual name) automatic with the ST-16 skeleton movement, the next is my stauer with no strap as of today, ill change that later. It has a Dixmont DG28 movement in it, then I have a edifice (casio) chrono with a miyota OS60 movement, and lastly is a 60s ish Hamilton thin-o-matic micro rotor. Not much at all but I am very happy with what I have (especially for being only 18 soon) thanks for looking and there will be video reviews soon. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Stop saying "it's not much"
As long as you like em, it's a valuable collection

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lamboalex said:
Stop saying "it's not much"
As long as you like em, it's a valuable collection
Your right. What I mean by it's not much is that it's not much money (which is good for me) all of these were gifts or I paid less than $100 for them, so that's not much. But these are a lot of watch for the $$$

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
You need to shoot a bigger & better pic of your Stauer. It's got a very Daniel Roth appearance, which is a good thing. The Roman numerals add to it's look too. What size strap does it take? What colors are on the dial?

And I'll second Alex's comments about the size and worth of your collection - don't worry about it. It's what you like and it's a better start than 99% of us when we were teenagers. Nobody will put you down for the watches you own. This is a hobby, not a competition..... which is good because we'd all lose to Donut. :wink:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yup, I think its a great start - heck, if you added no more you'd still be in fine shape! Nice work. :)

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! This forum has always been nothing but help. All of you rock! And yeah sorry about the pics,
I'll take some good ones when I get home from my dads. And the stauer is really nice! The dial is of white and has blues RN and hands. But the bad news is I looked at it right after I took the pic and there was a nasty hole with black grease kinda oozing from it, i think the cap jewel for the mainspring fell out lol. I'll drop a $15 DG28 from ofrei in there.....I hate to think there's a jewel chilaxin in there waiting to jam itself into the escapement :/ and it's a 22mm strap :0

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Good to see some pics, we love pics around here! And others have said, no collection is not worth looking at and talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts