WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Just bought my first omega, it’s a seamaster 600. (in fact its my first ever watch) It was a spear of the moment eBay purchase. I know some of you say it’s best not to buy from eBay, but hear in the uk nice omegas come in way over my budget.

I haven’t received the watch yet it’s on its way, the first thing I’ll doing is taking it for a service, we have a brilliant watchmaker who will service it a great price.

I wondered if you guys for the dial is original? And what you think about the condition of the dial. I asked the seller about the dot at the ten past mark, he assured me the dot was fine and the mark was just a reflection.

It wont let me upload the pictures, think its because im at work iv included the ebay link instead.

Stunning Omega 1966 Seamaster 600 Manual Steel Men's Wristwatch
I’m a little nervous! I hope it turns out to be a great watch, because I love the Look of it.

Thank you

Giles

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Hello Everyone
Hi Giles! Welcome to the forum.

Just bought my first omega, it’s a seamaster 600. (in fact its my first ever watch)
Congrats! :thumbup1:

It was a spear of the moment eBay purchase.
pssst - it's "spur" of the moment. :wink:

we have a brilliant watchmaker who will service it a great price.
Great - that's important in this hobby.

I wondered if you guys for the dial is original? And what you think about the condition of the dial.
Looks like correct fonts and I have seen that dial on that series before so I'd say you did well. :thumbup: Looks like you're the one, as in the one out of ten inexperienced buyers who get a good vintage Omega from eBay. It's all correct parts for that reference, even the crown - and you got it for a fair price to boot!

Thank you
You're welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your kind answer.

Im so glad it looks like it could well be original and not a butchered one.

I was so close to buying one from india, its a good job i didnt. As I can now see its was a cobbled together one.

Im now on the look out for a nice Omega Ladies watch, so ill be sure to apply everything iv leant from reading you and the forums posters.

Many Thanks

Giles

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the point is that with a used watch you should not pay more than one is worth. Then take good care of it and it will increase in value over the years. When you buy a watch like this you are losing money. Not a bad watch, just a bad watch as an investment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
photo.jpg

Hi guys,

I fort id give you a picture of it on. Iv already had it serviced and a newstap on. The watch keeps perfect time, im really pleased with it.

Thank you for your comments.

I Love the forum.

Speak soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts