WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I finally snagged my first vintage Seamaster. It was a private sale through another watch forum. I hope I did okay. Here are some pictures for you:

Dial looks like it's original with patina:

Side shot:

Inside the caseback:

And the 353 movement:

While the calendar register doesn't seem to line up perfectly, I hate to have to mess with the movement....I put it on my watch timer and got this reading:

I've already got an ostrich strap on the way to replace the black it came with. Would you folks bother to have the calendar function looked at? How about a little polishing of the case? I'm open to your suggestions and opinions. Thanks!!!

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Nice pick-up, and a great entry into vintage Seamasters. Bumpers have a quirky charm to them that can be addicting. If you like a little bit of the weathered look that watch is fine. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like that Seamaster a lot. I bet a brown band would really let that patina dial pop. Just a thought, did you try moving the time backwards to center the date?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like that Seamaster a lot. I bet a brown band would really let that patina dial pop. Just a thought, did you try moving the time backwards to center the date?

Yes, without any luck.

Thanks for the kind words and I agree about the right colored band--it can make a huge difference on how a watch looks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great pick up! Waiting for my 353 to come back from service, I've had this watch for a year now and it's never been on my wrist...:crying:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts