WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On New Years Day, my wife and I were doing a little shopping so we visited our local BJ's, which had carried a few select Hamilton watches from time-to-time.
Well, they must have known that the new Hamilton Watch Forum was kicking off yesterday and in honor of the event, they had about 8 Hamilton watches on clearance and so I picked up this very nice quartz Khaki Field watch for 99 bucks. Three days ago, I priced the watch at an AD and they were asking $179. So here it is with a few initial comments:

This model I think just dropped out of the Hamilton 2007 catalog. It is the Khaki Field S.W.A.T. The nicely engraved caseback says SWISS MADE, SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL, and STAINLESS STEEL and it water resistant for up to 50 meters. It has a nice, thick rubber strap with lots of lettering on the underside.

The strap clasp has HAMILTON engraved on it and a "H" is engraved on the crown.

This is one of the 38 mm dials but it wears almost like a 40 mm. It is very lightweight. . . in fact I erroneously thought it was titanium. And it is quite thin making it very comfortable on the wrist. The 12/24 hour military style dial has very good lume.

It is quite a nice time piece, especially for the price and it brings back fond memories of my other Hamilton's in the 1960's.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats Buddy! Looks like you started the New Year off with a BANG! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rusty, you little bargaining hunting devil you. Shoot wish I'd been with you so I could have bought one at that price. Nice, great start for 08.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rusty, you little bargaining hunting devil you. Shoot wish I'd been with you so I could have bought one at that price. Nice, great start for 08.
And my wife ALMOST was enthusiastic about the purchase. . . almost.:D

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if another Hamilton might be showing up soon!:D

All that for under 100.00!!!!

Good shopping.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Excellent.....

purchase Rusty:thumbup1: ,good looking piece too ...my way to start a new year the right way:cool1: enjoy in good health and give us a mini-review in a few days if possible

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice Rusty!:thumbup1: I have seen this one before but not for $99! For some reason I like the Khaki Field models simple clean look. I am on the hunt for this one or a similar model with auto movement for my first Hamilton. Maybe I should head down to my local BJ's as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
All right, Rusty!

Enjoy your new Hamilton. I have a sand-blasted Hamilton khaki mechanical that looks almost identical to yours save the watchband and the colored dial numbers. I absolutely love the low profile of the watch and it served me well in all sorts of rigorous physical activities before a nasty collision killed the ETA 2804 engine inside of it. But with a quartz movement, you're set! Hope you have lots of fun with it.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All right, Rusty!

Enjoy your new Hamilton. I have a sand-blasted Hamilton khaki mechanical that looks almost identical to yours save the watchband and the colored dial numbers. I absolutely love the low profile of the watch and it served me well in all sorts of rigorous physical activities before a nasty collision killed the ETA 2804 engine inside of it. But with a quartz movement, you're set! Hope you have lots of fun with it.
ETA 2804? Was that a mechanical or auto, Wally?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That was a nice catch, Rusty.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Rusty,

The ETA 2804 is a hand-wind mechanical that is outfitted on all of Hamilton's Khaki Field Mechanical watches. For their automatics, I believe Hamilton uses the standard 2824 on their automatic watches.

The caliber number of the jeweled ETA quartz movement used by Hamilton escapes me, but I bet it's simply top notch, the pinnacle of modern quartz technology.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After 24 hours on the wrist, the watch is dead on, keeping perfect time.:thumbup1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts