WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

My relationship with my fiance Tiffany now has co-dependency problem!

She now "officially" owns more watches than I do ! ! !

She has begun hiding new watch purchases from me so I won't know that she is spending more money ! ! !

I know of a few guys on this forum who hide new watches purchases from their wives and I always thought that it was kind of funny.

That was until it happened to me ! ! ! !

Last night Tiffany fessed up to buying a new Michele Urban Diamond full size with the black dial and over a carat of diamonds around the bezel.

She said that she has been hiding this watch from me for over two months now.

I guess this is all of my own doing though, I started giving her several watches as gifts about 4 years ago and I got her hooked.

Some of the watches in her collection rival mine ! ! ! !

Here are a few pics from just ONE of the boxes on her dresser.

This is her new Michele that was rather expensive that she hid form me for 2 months.

Full size Movado Museum black dial.

1950's 14k solid gold ladies Hamilton.

A Bearcat and a ladies Movado Museum.

Black dial Helios and a blue dial Caravelle.

Early 1970's Omega dive watch.

1927 Elgin, 14k white gold filled engraved case with a RED XII dial.

Another Michele Urban but this one is the "MINI", these things are NOT cheap.

There are MANY more within the boxes of stuff on her dresser (I know of at least 10 more) but I am not brave enough to go digging through a woman's things, that's just asking for trouble ! ! !

Now, with all of this being said does this give me free reign to go out and buy the SS/18k Rolex Submariner that I have always wanted ? ? ?

I've had a SS/18k Rolex Datejust for several years but sense she has two Michele watches isn't it only fair that I have two Rolex ? ? ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm, a complicated problem.

For full disclosure:
Do you live together/share household expenses ?
Does she work ?
Does she have a separate bank account ?
Do you have other hobbies you spend money on ?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, a complicated problem.

For full disclosure:
Do you live together/share household expenses ?
Does she work ?
Does she have a separate bank account ?
Do you have other hobbies you spend money on ?

Yes, we share expenses and we are about to but a house together.
Yes, she has a great job.
Yes, seperate accounts.
The vast majority of my spare funds goes to watches and her, after ALL of the bills are paid.

I have always told her about my new watch purchases................(but I may not have always told the truth about how much I spent on said watch)

Last night when she told me about this new Michele Urban Diamond that she was hiding from me I was just a little bit mad but now I think that it's pretty funny.

Many of us on this forum have been in the same situation, the rolls were just reversed this time! ! !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, we share expenses and we are about to but a house together.
Yes, she has a great job.
Yes, seperate accounts.
The vast majority of my spare funds goes to watches and her, after ALL of the bills are paid.

I have always told her about my new watch purchases................(but I may not have always told the truth about how much I spent on said watch)

Last night when she told me about this new Michele Urban Diamond that she was hiding from me I was just a little bit mad but now I think that it's pretty funny.

Many of us on this forum have been in the same situation, the rolls were just reversed this time! ! !
Well, if you haven't come to a budget/savings plan as a couple.....and she earns her own money

All's fair in love & war :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling that me and Tiffany are going to be laughing about this one for years to come ! ! !

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Man, this has got to be the funniest thread ever!!!
I wonder what "dear abby" would say???

Dear Abby,
I caught my future wife cheating on me. Ok, not really cheating, but hiding, not really hiding... I guess I never asked... Oh brother. I think my wife to be may have an addiction, no not an addiction... I have the same addiction, I mean habit, no obsession, well I actually make a living from it so I don't know what to call it...
Anyway I found a few, no...more than a few, a small hoard of these "things" we both like... Well, I sort of got HER into them and now she does it on her own... I guess it is MY fault actually. She did see ME with them first. I should be mad, but how can I, she lets me play with mine all day without complaining.
I think I, I mean WE need help, but not really, I guess there are worse things she could be into...
Thanks for the advice Abby.
Mr Red 12

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, this has got to be the funniest thread ever!!!
I wonder what "dear abby" would say???

Dear Abby,
I caught my future wife cheating on me. Ok, not really cheating, but hiding, not really hiding... I guess I never asked... Oh brother. I think my wife to be may have an addiction, no not an addiction... I have the same addiction, I mean habit, no obsession, well I actually make a living from it so I don't know what to call it...
Anyway I found a few, no...more than a few, a small hoard of these "things" we both like... Well, I sort of got HER into them and now she does it on her own... I guess it is MY fault actually. She did see ME with them first. I should be mad, but how can I, she lets me play with mine all day without complaining.
I think I, I mean WE need help, but not really, I guess there are worse things she could be into...
Thanks for the advice Abby.
Mr Red 12
Greg,

You know that you have a real problem when BOTH of you have a watch problem ! ! ! ! !

LOL ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought about 10 pounds of watches and movements yesterday at an antique shop on the North side of Chicago and when we got home I was going through the lot and she kept on coming over and grabbing something and then running away with it! She said that she brought them all back and put them on the table but I think that she might be holding out and kept one or two for herself ! ! !

Tiffany is shaping up to be a charter member of Watch-O-Holics Anonymous ! ! !

LOL ! ! !

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Reactions: literustyfan

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I just re-read the OP and noticed that she only has about 20 watches. At this point, I think my wife is holding around 60 ladies models PLUS about a dozen that she "liberated" from my collection.

With all the great watches that pass through your hands, I'm surprised that she lets you sell any of them.:001_tongue:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just re-read the OP and noticed that she only has about 20 watches. At this point, I think my wife is holding around 60 ladies models PLUS about a dozen that she "liberated" from my collection.

With all the great watches that pass through your hands, I'm surprised that she lets you sell any of them.:001_tongue:

"LIBERATED"

Yeah, I've had a few that were "liberated" from my collection that are now in her collection as well ! ! !

LOL ! ! ! !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.