WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:001_rolleyes:
Some of you may have seen this post on another forum. If so, my apology.

My wife had my father's watch restored for me. See the before and after pictures below. This is a 1952 Seamaster Calendar in 14 KT gold. The watch was restored at Omega in Bienne and took 13 months. She won't tell me how much it cost!

Hope you like it.

Wishing everyone a spectacular holiday & New Year!

Joel

·
Registered
577 Posts
Beautiful, Joel. What a thoughtful gift from your wife :001_wub: and how great it is to keep that watch going.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Wow Joel,

Not only is that a gorgeous looking timepiece, which everyone can appreciate, but it has such a special meaning for yourself.

Many Congratulations. Not only on the receipt of the watch but for having a wonderful wife as well.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
extraordinary Christmas present

The restoration must have been a substantial expense, but certainly worth the price. What a treasure! Having a wife who understands the value of such a treasure...PRICELESS!!

Congratulations,
Diver

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am always amazed with the quality of work they do in Bienne.

If only other watch companies, and in fact other companies in general, would learn from their example.

VERY nice piece, VERY nice restoration, and an exceptional gift from your loving and understanding wife!

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hi Joel

What an amazing transformation. It looks BNIB :thumbup:

I have to agree ( naturally ;) ) with Jim as I've heard good reports about Omega's quality restoration service. Thanks for sharing your joy with us and wear it well my friend :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.