WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scott!

How did i get turned on to Ball? Its a long story. Well, i was initially never into automatics (though i had a Rolex DJ in the drawer for a while). I was either wearing a Casio G-shock or just using my PPC to tell time. The G-shock was getting really old & worn, wasnt quite presentable, not by a long shot for a dress/smart casual watch. I didnt quite like the Rolex DJ as it looks rather small on my wrist. In addition, i cant even tell time in the dark / poor lighting. Not wanting to spend too much $$$, i purchased a Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calender 8700. Nice watch actually, analog hands with digital accuracy (amazing, spot on with atomic accuracy after months!) and convenience (its now used to set my Ball watches; hardly any wrist time for it now :crying:). Before long, i was eyeing at Tag Heuers!! I almost bought a Tag Link (Tiger Woods edition) until i came across the Ball forum. The discussions stirred my interest in Ball. I read on to find out more. The thing that pushed me over is when i saw an online picture of the EMII Classic (my local ADs do not have this model :huh:). Its like THE watch for me. It has everything that the DJ lacks. The 40mm case, tritium illumination, anti-mag, rugged yet elegant enough for a dress watch. More importantly, after having owned the Citizen 8700, i realised i preferred a watch with a clean dial (its really easier to tell time at a glance!). That was it, i ordered the EMII Classic through my local AD and suffered an agonising long wait of 3 weeks for it. The rest as they say, is history. The Ball addiction got me the next EMII Chronometer Limited Edition from Hong Kong. The itch stopped thereafter. Now, these online pics of Ball watches are like a catalyst, darn itch is BACK! So....

Thanx for sharing your pics. I love this waych. How did you get turned on to Ball?

Wear the watch in good health, always!

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Thanx for sharing the story. I have the same Citizen and I use it for travel. I think it has gained one second in 6 months.

It sounds like something about this brand is addictive.

I am glad to see you are so happy. Beautiful pic!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You've probably seen many EMII classic pics ... well here's 2 more (testing my new point & shoot!) :001_tongue:

Excellent pics of an excellent watch:thumbup1:

Regards
Bob:)

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I love the understated elegance of that watch.
(did I say understated elegance???):scared:

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks! The illumination at night is pretty 'high res' (T100)! A thing i noticed about this watch (setting it apart from other Ball series) is the color and 'resolution' of the night illumination. The green color is darker and the hour markers much sharper. In addition, the green and orange coloring seems to go along fine. I really like RR orange second hand!

Stunning pictures and fantastic watch. BTW, the color scheme is PHENOMENAL!

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Citizen 8700 is superbly accurate. Its performed way above the specs of +/- 15secs/month. Its not a HEQ but its certainly performing like one in actual usage. I know this is a Ball forum but would just like to share 2 pics on this quality piece (hope its ok with the moderators :001_tongue:)...

Really tough to capture the beautiful dial, especially under halogen lighting!

Thanx for sharing the story. I have the same Citizen and I use it for travel. I think it has gained one second in 6 months.

It sounds like something about this brand is addictive.

I am glad to see you are so happy. Beautiful pic!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Citizen is a beautiful watch. I have several Eco-Drives (Titanium, Perpetual Calendar, Promaster analog and Promaster digital etc) plus Seikos (scuba Solar, perpetual calendar, GMT etc) and all are superbly accurate. The most accurate quartz watch I have is the Seiko Sportura GMT, which consistently clocks in at +0.19 sec/day over a 9 month period. I do find that your Citizen is a bit too complicated to read at a glance (especially when driving at night) but that's purely a personal taste and has nothing to do with the watch itself. The Citizen reminds me of my Omega Speedmaster Schumacher, which shows month, day of week, date, and is a chronometer -- but all done mechanically.

BTW, I am taking delivery of a white-enamel dial Cannonball early next week (steel bracelet). I can't wait! I wonder what happens when the 45 minute is up (while using the chrono function).

Oliver

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
BTW, I am taking delivery of a white-enamel dial Cannonball early next week (steel bracelet). I can't wait! I wonder what happens when the 45 minute is up (while using the chrono function).

Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Please post some shots of your Cannonball when you get it. That is a gorgeous watch. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Congrats on the Cannonball Oliver. I look forward to your pics and review. When the 45 minutes is up it will continue the next 45 minute cycle, and so on. If there was an hour totalizer, it would track the totala hours in that sub dial.

That said, I love the look of a two subdial chrono and really like that the seconds subdial is at the 3pm position.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oliver, congrats on yr Cannonball! I can imagine the anticipation. The wait must be agonising! :001_tongue:
Will also be looking forward to yr review/pics of this fine watch.

As for my Citizen, u r right abt the complication, its not so easy to read time from a quick glance, especially under reflection. Its hardly worn now and as i've mentioned, its mostly used to set my other watches. Its been about 6 months since i owned the Citizen and its still in sync with atomic clock! Credit must be given for its unbelievable accuracy though! :thumbup: Its also a set and forget watch, requiring very little 'maintenance'. :biggrin:

The Citizen is a beautiful watch. I have several Eco-Drives (Titanium, Perpetual Calendar, Promaster analog and Promaster digital etc) plus Seikos (scuba Solar, perpetual calendar, GMT etc) and all are superbly accurate. The most accurate quartz watch I have is the Seiko Sportura GMT, which consistently clocks in at +0.19 sec/day over a 9 month period. I do find that your Citizen is a bit too complicated to read at a glance (especially when driving at night) but that's purely a personal taste and has nothing to do with the watch itself. The Citizen reminds me of my Omega Speedmaster Schumacher, which shows month, day of week, date, and is a chronometer -- but all done mechanically.

Oliver

1 - 16 of 16 Posts