WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a considerable amount of "fog" in my 6036..... For the last 2 years I have worn my watch when in the lake or pool without issue, but this last weekend I went from the pool directly to the hot tub. I'm thinking that is what caused this, as there is now a severe fog on the inside of the crystal. I've pulled the crown to the out position, and put the watch in a bag of dry white rice in hopes of dessicating it.... any tips? Any home fixes, as its not worth paying a jewler to take it apart and dry it out

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
It sounds like you did the right thing. If you have a bunch of desiccant packages, throw them in too. After you've dried it out I would open the watch, remove the movement, and allow it to air dry while I cleaned out the inside of the case. Good luck and let us know how everything works out.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunantly, i don't have a clue how to open the case-- in fact I'm certain I'd manage to screw it up. Hopefully it dries out in a few days. :sad:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would be taking that little beauty to a good repairer and getting it done properly. Too rare to let it deteriorate any further or you could sell it to me:001_tt2::thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
You would need a case back wrench to unscrew the case back from the case. Many are available on ebay or esslinger.com. At this point I would recommend taking it in for repair. I hope its not too expensive. Let us know how everything works out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quite honestly I doubt it is worth the cost of repair. I think I paid about $75 for the watch new. Just about any repair is going to run me a minimum of $45.... I'd be better off buying a new 6036. Brian if you are seriously interested, shoot me an offer.

On a sidenote, I bought an 8926OB last week. In fact, it is the watch I was intending to buy 2 years ago, but I couldn't pass up the deal on the 6036....

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, went by Harbor Freight last week, and picked up the tool set for $6.40 ($8 and I had the 20% off coupon). It worked ok, althought I did slip the first time and scratched the caseback a little. Got her open and dried out, and we are back up and running moisture free. Only negative is the moisture seems to have affected the finish on the hands, as it now looks 'fuzzy' rather than smooth. Pressing this one back into service as a 'beater watch' and keeping the 8926 for a weekend watch. comparing the two, i prefer the size of the 8926, but I like the fact the 6036 has numerals on the dial.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I actually posted a thread on the same issue with the same watch.it will dry out in a few days. mine still works fine. It's a problem with the crown, it doesn't screw down and that's where the water leaks in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.