WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I love the brand as you know, live it even :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but red's not my favourite colour to be honest. The red box has become symbolic of something which contains an Omega but wouldn't it be nice if Omega gave us that polished wooden box. It came with my De Ville Co-Axial Byzantium, the only occasion I have been blessed with anything other than a red leatherette case. Being a relative newbie to the collecting scene, I've never had a red box long enough to show signs of wear but I gather from discussions past that the red can fade. Indeed because red is a mixture of yellow and magenta dyes and both these are more susceptible to oxidative fade when in contact with light, red would not really be a durable colour. Sadly, it costs Omega more to give us all polished wooden boxes..... :mellow:

Hey a black leatherette case with a small " gold plate " on the top surface of the lid featuring the Omega name and symbol in red would do me nicely.

How about you?

Y'all be well pals

ZIN

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, Rolex are green, Breitling, or Invicta are yellow, Tag could be considered blue,the top-tier watch companies (V&A, GP, AP, etc.) could be white or black, so Omega can't really have any other colors, unless you want purple. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's gone dark outside. It's cold and been wet most of the day so I guess red is a somewhat brighter option than black or indeed white is all too easily stained. Purple is regarded as the color of royalty of course..... ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Be well Mr SLife

ZIN

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually a light shade of pink or all white with that aforesaid gold plate bearing name and symbol would be a suitable style of case for a lady's watch imho.

Don't ladies watches come in a different case anyway?

Be well my friend

ZIN

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well at least that but takes up a mere modicum of room.

The outer box of the Ladies watches is quite dressy and fittingly so, don't you think pal?

Be seein' ya

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I think we need to consult Lawrence LLewellyn Bowen me thinks :lol:

I said before that Omega should offer the polished wooden box as an optional extra for anything other than it's high end watches. Especially when the red pleather ones are known to self destruct when not stored correctly.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I also thought the title of this post was something to do with the colour scheme in here. It's almost as if Mr Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen had a hand in it :glare:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've Pm'd Greg about the colour scheme in here pals. No doubt this will be rectified/modified in due course. :thumbup1:

Say Fergie

Whose this Mr Bowen please?

Be well now pals

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
He was the long haired dandy fellow off of that BBC Changing Rooms programme. I like flamboyant colours a lot. I just thought he may have had a hand in the decor of this new place :wink:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He ain't on the payroll, list of honorary honoured contributors or design team afaik Fergie :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hope you're well pal

Be good now

ZIN

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hey Guys,

I don't know what the fuss is about.I got a polished wood box.:001_tt2::001_tt2:

Hey Zin,

I noticed a couple of the Speedies on my recent chrono quest had black boxes,might have been mission watches.:confused1:

Also don't forget Mr Bond appears to come in the grey boxes.(LE models that is.:wink:)

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bonna Sera Amigo

The black cases you've seen Speedies come in were I believe special cases for display back models primarily the 3572.50s - Fr John knows more about this than I do, indeed a lot more!!!

It would be nice if Omega could use an updated version of those black boxes.

Be well now pal

ZIN

·
Registered
191 Posts
I actually red...honestly. A color that is regal and "hot" at the same time.

Glimmer

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr Glimmer

I'm sure our amigo Mr Fergie can supply an exact and graphic meaning of hot. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Be well friend

ZIN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts