WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I had the great pleasure of meeting Mark Ofte and seeing the Museum Tour at Bechtel.

I arrived about 10:30 with some Rugelach for the holidays, and preceded to ogle and fondle the vintage pieces for about three hours.

I should have brought a tripod, as I was doing macro photography at F3.2 at 1/15 shutter speed by hand, so the pictures could probably be a bit better.

Marc put on an unbelievable show, and I left the tour much more familiar with both Ball Watches and the watch industry.

I also tried on my first Cow and also saw the Magnate in person.

I had a great time, and then even stayed and listen to a few folks getting the tour after me. Marc is a great presenter, and I had a great time today. If the museum tour hits your town, go see it. It is a great lesson in horological history.

Thanx Marc...and thanx to Rob and Gary and Bechtel for being such good hosts

http://insurealltrips.com/museum 1.htm

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Thanks for the great pics.
When the tour was in my area last year (I couldn't make this years visit:sad:)
I really enjoyed the great vintage pieces.
Esp Webb Balls own personal watch.

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great pics.
When the tour was in my area last year (I couldn't make this years visit:sad:)
I really enjoyed the great vintage pieces.
Esp Webb Balls own personal watch.

Thanx Foghorn. It was great just to hear the stories and see the watches that Marc had with him. Was also fun seeing and trying on a few Balls as well, although the Cannonball had not yet rolled in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice seeing those watches! Thanks for sharing these with everyone! I always miss out on things like this, I never know they are in the area until it is too late...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool pics Scott... appreciate you sharing them, since the tour I went to got cancelled. btw, since I made the trip anyway, Ball Watch USA sent me a Tour t-shirt and lanyard for my trouble...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts