WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Woody doesn't work anymore. And I want it too. There is a fairly dodgy one (speaking with the seller..) on fleabay now. As we all know they aren't falling off trees anymore so you do what you can.

I have no technical skills whatsoever with watches and therefore rely on my local jeweller whom I don't entirely trust. Is swapping a whole movement easy/cost effective for a jeweller to do? There is no way he can service Accutrons so it would otherwise probably be a trip to Bulgaria. But if my local bloke is going to charge me $100+ to swap a movement I'd rather send it.

So my question is, is swapping a movement that you buy reasonably cheaply a viable option to a service and then probably parts?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Mvt. swapping is easy. Of course, if the dial and hands are to be changed there is a little more work. On 214s the mvt. will drop right out of the case after the case back is removed. On 218s you must first remove the crown and stem - a simple job of loosening a screw 2 turns. As to what a watchmaker would charge, I don't really know. Send the watch to Ludmil for service and keep the original mvt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.