WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been collecting high end automatic watches for years. I recently purchased the Moto Droid Z Force Phone and it got me to looking at Moto's version of their smart watch. I got the 46mm stainless case and bracelet. It's a good looking watch and almost falls in line with my other divers. Its been a lot of fun and addictive designing my own dials and of course emailing, Google maps, texting and tons of other features from my watch. Here are a few pics of the Moto 360. It came in the same day my Oris Diver did. They've been splitting wrist time I will say.

Attachments

· Registered
3,609 Posts
Do you have any photos of what the email, maps and other functions look like. How do those functions work? Is it just a display of info or can you reply/input from the watch?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take some for you, no problem. That's one of the reasons I wanted the 46mm as the screen size is better for emails, pics and texting. Plus the 46mm looked better than the 42mm. It also has Google maps as well which is just as accurate as my phone. The Moto 360 2nd gen is probably in the top two in terms of functionality for smart watches. Fast processor and quite a bit of ram so it's quick and holds a lot of apps. The only feature it doesn't have is the ability to have its own number so you can't receive calls on it or talk through it on a phone call. You can answer calls or reject calls through and also partially navigate your phone with it. The Samsung gear 2 has a stand alone number but it's small and doesn't come on a stainless bracelet. As soon as they make a distinct Diver model smart watch, I'll for sure get it. The Moto has been a ton of fun to play with and endless options. Tons of dials and some apps allow you to create your own dial from ground up but it's quite intense and you have to know pretty deeply how to read tech Greek. I'm learning but haven't totally finished my dial yet. I'll get some detailed pics up for you this evening. Standby as I'll definitely post them in the next couple hours. Any other questions please feel free to ask. I did a lot of research before I went with the Moto 360. I even purchased the Samsung and took it back two days later so I know thst watch well too. Motorola's site, you can actually build your own watch with Moto maker. The only thing I wanted on mine I didn't get was the textured stainless bezel which they were out of stock on. I know this watch isn't an automatic or a Breitling that I used to know rather deeply having owned more than 20 of them but it's a novelty in the watch world that offers actually user interface which to me is cool and fun. It'll never take the place of the thrill of a highly detailed high end automatic Diver but it's a watch to wear for a nice useful change from the norm when you're in the mood. I'd take pics now but my Oris Aquis Diver has been on my wrist the last three days. I'll swap to the Moto later and wear it a few days next. Anyways pics to come your way!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey brother. Which dial were you speaking about? I found most all my dials on the Google play store. Some I had to pay a $1 for. Here's a few more pics of a cool new dial I found that I designed with colors and the inner chronos so to speak. One is date. One is battery power and the other I forget lol. It just looks cool!

Attachments

· Registered
3,609 Posts
Hey brother. Which dial were you speaking about? I found most all my dials on the Google play store.
Thanks for the new photos. I was wondering more about the functionality of it other than being a watch, like what kind of control over your music, texts or other functions. What are some of the apps that give the watch a unique function? How much does it reduce the need to take your actual phone out of your pocket?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I just got your post. Here's a pic of Google maps which my phone is in my pocket now. You can set music functions as well. Get on the internet. Check weather. Heart rate and a plethora of life style logs. I can reject or accept calls from the watch. Actually LG and Samsung currently have models that allow you to just leave your phone at home as they have their own number. Then you just forward your phones number to the watch and use Bluetooth to answer or even just put the watch on speaker to talk. I just didn't like the look of the Samsung so the Moto I have does need me to have my phone somewhere around the house. You can do pretty much everything from your watch either stand alone or send info to your phone to perform the task. I can get all of my emails on the watch and text send and receive. Hope this helps!

Attachments

· Registered
3,609 Posts
The map feature is cool. I don't tend to buy Nav in my cars so this could be useful when I'm driving in unfamiliar areas and not using my phone while driving...dangerous and illegal.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can assure you that if you find a model that looks good to you that you will more than find how useful a smart watch is or can be. I really want the LG Urbane 2 but it had a recall on it. It's a good looking diver type Chrono looking watch on a rubber strap. I would throw a metal bracelet on it but with it, you can actually leave your phone at home and run some errands and have your calls forwarded to your watch. I would have gotten it but it under recall at the time. It's a but more expensive bc it would have its own number but overall its better looking than mine. I believe it's 45mm. Look that one up. I think it's off recall now. It would be awesome on a super engineer bracelet like I have on mine. In fact, the Urbane 2 LG will be my next smart watch I'm sure of.

· Registered
25 Posts
I heard about this watch few days back and ignored but after going throudh this thread I do accept i am in love with it and i am going to swtich to Motorola. Few months back one of my coleague told me about Moto Smartphones and insisted me to try one he was so sure that i will love it and now this watch. Motorola is making my life tough

· Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
I'm not into smart watches. But I've been a ham radio operator for almost 15 years, and I have respect for the quality of anything branded "Motorola".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.