WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread the other day about an Omega DeVille. Thanks to the Team for providing me much -needed information. I still have one question, however. Unlike the DeVille shown on the official Omega website (detachable leather band), my watch is an integral--braided gold bracelet and florentined gold case all made into one piece. The clasp has the Omega logo and also some hallmarks and what appears to be "55%" just below them. I thought this might indicate some carat of gold, but the stainless case back states "20 micron gold plating". What I would like to know is--are these integral watches any more collectible than the plain leather banded ones? Were lots of them made, or were they special order? Thanks in advance! Jack

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Are you sure it's integrated into the case? It may look like it most times, but the end links are curved to fit snugly against the case. Can you post a few good close-ups?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More DeVille info needed

Yes--I just went and double checked, and the band and case appear welded together with the band design continuing over the top of the case--I'll try and post some pics. if I can figure out how!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:more DeVille info needed

Thanks for confirming! I was beginning to think I might be seeing things! Do you think this was an Omega product, or a custom made piece? (All the info inside the watch leads me to believe the watch itself, at least, is authentic) Thanks, Jack.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's authentic. I've seen similar ones (maybe even identical - it's been a while) so I'd say you've got a keeper. That was a popular style for well over a decade. Of course the only way to be sure is to have it checked by a watchmaker who knows Omega.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts