WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread the other day about an Omega DeVille. Thanks to the Team for providing me much -needed information. I still have one question, however. Unlike the DeVille shown on the official Omega website (detachable leather band), my watch is an integral--braided gold bracelet and florentined gold case all made into one piece. The clasp has the Omega logo and also some hallmarks and what appears to be "55%" just below them. I thought this might indicate some carat of gold, but the stainless case back states "20 micron gold plating". What I would like to know is--are these integral watches any more collectible than the plain leather banded ones? Were lots of them made, or were they special order? Thanks in advance! Jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More DeVille info needed

Yes--I just went and double checked, and the band and case appear welded together with the band design continuing over the top of the case--I'll try and post some pics. if I can figure out how!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:more DeVille info needed

Thanks for confirming! I was beginning to think I might be seeing things! Do you think this was an Omega product, or a custom made piece? (All the info inside the watch leads me to believe the watch itself, at least, is authentic) Thanks, Jack.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's authentic. I've seen similar ones (maybe even identical - it's been a while) so I'd say you've got a keeper. That was a popular style for well over a decade. Of course the only way to be sure is to have it checked by a watchmaker who knows Omega.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts