WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Breitling Colt 43, Omega Seamaster 300, Oris Williams F1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here seen or purchased one of the MoonSwatch pieces yet?

I can't really stomach five grand for a Speedmaster, but these seem to be a nice alternative for less than $300. The styling looks dead on:

I learned of these only a week or so ago...

Premium Member
Never heard of them till now but I don't follow watches all that much anymore, or at least I don't study the latest and greatest. I gather from this article they are doing 11 of them. I doubt I would buy one but they will appeal to a certain collector group. (y)

Swatch Moonswatch Series Link for reading

Super Moderator
I'm confused....is this Omega's attempt at "slumming it", or is Swatch trying to enter the world of luxury watches?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm confused....is this Omega's attempt at "slumming it", or is Swatch trying to enter the world of luxury watches?
Well, it could be argued that Swatch is already in the world of luxury watches. After all, Omega is part of the Swatch group.

I think they look pretty sharp, personally. I think the only thing I'm not bowled over by is the velcro strap...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never heard of them till now but I don't follow watches all that much anymore, or at least I don't study the latest and greatest. I gather from this article they are doing 11 of them. I doubt I would buy one but they will appeal to a certain collector group. (y)

Swatch Moonswatch Series Link for reading
Correct.

I was told that when these first hit the market, people were paying ridiculous prices for them; like, over a grand. The silly part about all of this is, according to Swatch and Omega, these will be a regular product for them...

Super Moderator
True that, although I was referring to their percieved value and not the umbrella group that they live under. I'll bet you that 9 out of 10 ''non-WIS'' average Joes wouldn't know that the SWATCH GROUP even exists.
And I agree with you on the strap. I also vastly abhor NATO straps and have no love for rubber straps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True that, although I was referring to their percieved value and not the umbrella group that they live under. I'll bet you that 9 out of 10 ''non-WIS'' average Joes wouldn't know that the SWATCH GROUP even exists.
And I agree with you on the strap. I also vastly abhor NATO straps and have no love for rubber straps.
I much prefer a bracelet.

I also don't believe these are being sold in Omega boutiques. I think they're only available at Swatch stores, and there aren't many of those.

All of that said, I'll probably buy one. I mean, $260? Hard to go wrong at that price...

Premium Member
Looks like there are 10 Store locations in the US. I doubt I would drive to one to buy this thing. I would have to replace the strap if I ever bought one. I believe this is the ETA movement below. I am no expert on these movements but they don't sound like they are top of the line, or even close.

****I will stick with my 3570.50 Speedmaster Pro.

Watch White Gauge Font Speedometer

Reactions: diver

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like there are 10 Store locations in the US. I doubt I would drive to one to buy this thing. I would have to replace the strap if I ever bought one. I believe this is the ETA movement below. I am no expert on these movements but they don't sound like they are top of the line, or even close.

****I will stick with my 3570.50 Speedmaster Pro.
You saw the part where it's a $260 watch, right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don鈥檛 have a chronograph. if i were shopping for one, this would be interesting (to me)
Same thing I was thinking. I don't like the styling of the Speedmaster enough to drop six grand on one, and I won't buy a replica.

They're showing up on Chrono24 at over $1,000 per. That's nuts. Swatch has been very up front about both the limited availability AND the fact that the only reason to spend stupid money on one is to have one NOW.

I'm going down to Miami for the 4th of July. The only store in Florida that sells them is down there, but they're currently out of stock. I'm going to pay them a visit and put the three I want on order.

For $260? Why not?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did a little looking for one but couldn't find any in that price range.
Right now, I don't think there are any in that price range. People are listing them for sale and asking stupid money for them. I saw a Mission to Jupiter on Ebay for $2K.

I can order them from the dealer, though, and pay $260 per piece...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The opportunity for something like this will not come up often, i'd get one if I could get it for the correct retail price.
But the opportunity will come up often. That's the point. People are asking stupid prices for them now, but these aren't any sort of limited addition. They're a new product that's being added to the regular product line...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts