1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, a rare dual Hamilton day.

Started out with the Palisade:

However, there was a new arrival today, a Boone:

Came with the plastic inner box, so fits right in with the rest of the collection.

Need to find the correct seconds hand and it looks like it will need some adjustment, running about 15 sec. slow in an hour. It was listed as a redial, but the printing on the dial is very sharp (although it doesn't show in the photo). That's a plus. On the other hand, there's been some case repair done on the side. I also need to find a proper seconds hand for it.

Price was cheap enough for a running 1937 Hamilton w/box, so it will be sticking around.

So what's everyone else wearing on this fine, warm Monday morning?
gatorcpa

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Gator, my Boone without the applied numerals is an enamel-track dial, so I wouldn't be surprised that yours is too, accounting for the crispness of the markings and logo.

I have on a Rolex Oysterdate, so I won't bore everyone here (but I posted some photos in the general discussion forum).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I went with the Clark today. I'm not a big fan of bracelets on 1930's watches (unless they came that way) but I must admit this Clark is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gator, my Boone without the applied numerals is an enamel-track dial, so I wouldn't be surprised that yours is too, accounting for the crispness of the markings and logo.
I think you are 100% correct.

Thanks,
gatorcpa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts