WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are several models that are very similar. It may be a good idea to post photos of models which may be commonly mistaken for similar models. I'll start. There's got to be some better examples of models that are close enough to each other to cause some confusion. Please share if you have any.

Alan

Dodson

Dyson

Drummond

Judson

Keane

Images taken from the Master Photo Thread.

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
I found this on a mid-west antique dealer's site. Rather than a Gary, he claims it is a Lord Lancaster "A". But the only L/L "A"s I see in our catalogs use diamonds for hour markers. Now I'm confused in 2 different directions!

Either way- the L/L A and Gary can be mistaken for each other (especially if you can't remember which has the stones).

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found this on a mid-west antique dealer's site. Rather than a Gary, he claims it is a Lord Lancaster "A". But the only L/L "A"s I see in our catalogs use diamonds for hour markers. Now I'm confused in 2 different directions!

Either way- the L/L A and Gary can be mistaken for each other (especially if you can't remember which has the stones).
Those are both Garys...maybe. They could be Thinline 6500.

But the Lord Lancaster A has the diamonds.

The Vincent is only slightly different and I've seen them advertised as Garys.

But which might also be mistaken for the M89-3.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
'Clark' and 'Yorktown' are the same case but, Clark is 14Kgf and Yorktown is 10Kgf, if memory serves me. I don't have a 'Yorktown', but, I am posting my 'Clark'.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'Clark' and 'Yorktown' are the same case but, Clark is 14Kgf and Yorktown is 10Kgf, if memory serves me. I don't have a 'Yorktown', but, I am posting my 'Clark'.

Even with this one, if you don't notice the slight pinch in the lugs you could mistake a Foster for a Clark. A novice might not notice the round sub second dial on the Foster. I'll admit, I didn't until I saw the Foster and Clark side by side.

From Master Photo Thread

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Although the Ashley was released a bit sooner, I often get confused with the Charlize model -- especially when both examples are platinum. OK, I KNOW the Charlize has a slightly more elongated case... but comparing them side-by-side could arguably be described as the stuff of dreams.

(GETTING COAT) :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a better chance of finding a Barbizon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I take it the Keane is a solid Gold Case Dave?

Keane

I must say, that style case really looks timeless.
found one similar at my grand mums place in Darbyshire UK a few years back while at the funeral, but left it for her as I didnt feel right by accepting the gift. Doubt it was this same type though.

How mindless I must have been at the time

Thank you Dave,
TD
CF

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Keane ; I must say, that style case really looks timeless.
found one similar at my grand mums place in Darbyshire UK a few years back while at the funeral, but left it for her as I didnt feel right by accepting the gift. Doubt it was this same type though.

How mindless I must have been at the time

Thank you Dave,
TD
CF
Nope. Refer p31 the 1958 cattle dog. 10K yellow rolled gold plate case with a stainless steel back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts