WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what direction the Miyota 9015 movement should be rotated in a winder? It seems that it winds much more readily counterclockwise but I want to see if I can still use the bidirectional setting on my winder since it controls 2 modules at once.

I checked with the Orbita website but it doesn't have the 9015 movement as far as I can see. Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
What i see on that page; that Valjoux movements need 800.

But if your winder doesn't have that option (such as mine. My Winder has the following options: 650, 750, 900, 1000 revolutions per day) ... 750 also works fine (clockwise).
I can know, if have some Valjoux 7750 watches (Hamilton) :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way I remember it: if you set it dial down on a flat surface it will spin freely and easily in one direction. That direction is the wrong one...:lol:

LOL! That's how much I know about auto movements :blushing:

I guess clockwise would be right then. I do have the option of rotating only clockwise on the winder I just picked up but if I had it winding bi-directionally the only result would be wasted revolutions that aren't winding anything, rather than somehow putting undue stress on the movement, right?

·
Registered
739 Posts
LOL! That's how much I know about auto movements :blushing:

I guess clockwise would be right then. I do have the option of rotating only clockwise on the winder I just picked up but if I had it winding bi-directionally the only result would be wasted revolutions that aren't winding anything, rather than somehow putting undue stress on the movement, right?
Correct. The Miyota 9015 winds in one direction (CW) and the rotor just spins freely in the other direction (CCW). There's no undue stress on the movement; the movement just won't get a full wind unless you also up the TPD if winding bi-directionally.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can hear that sucker spinning the wrong way all the time.

I notice I can hear mine spinning fairly clearly as well. I have the M49. I was wondering if this was "normal" or not. The only only watch I've owned that was this loud was a $25 chinese watch I bought on ebay. I know this is a much more high quality movement, but still... I'd rather not have to think about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A small price to pay I suppose. I'd much rather have that than a slightly mis-aligned bezel or something like that!

·
Registered
15,309 Posts
No complains....just sayin' :wink:

I wish this Miyota was more quiet but it's not like it is scaring wild life while I am hunting
to put some food on the table, LOL !!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Question:

My 9015 is a couple min fast off the winder

Can i set the Min hand BACK two minutes or do i need to only go forward??

silly quest, but dont want to mess up movement

thanx in advance

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am no expert, but I think it should be okay to move it back a few minutes. I have done this several times and it does not seem to have caused any issues.

As for the noise, my M49 is pretty loud also. Sometimes just for fun I will give it a good shake so that the rotor is spinning freely quite quickly and set it on my wooden desk so that it amplifies the noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts