WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
First, I have experience with that seller and I don't place a lot of faith in his accuracy of description. There is the "sin of omission" I have found with some of his listings. Others buying needed parts from him have been satisfied, however. Also, I think his prices are often on the high side. Notice there is no photo of the actual movement in that watch. The movements in some of his Anniv. watches were not the proper date or proper sub-caliber for that specific model. The second hand should be tapered to a point. No hacking spring but I am still puzzled over that one being on all Anniv. 214 issues. A metal band is not good for that GP case. They were issued with special, notched and tapered leather bands so as not to damage the inside of the lugs. Of course, a previous owner could have added the metal band. Others may have additional comments.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've bought coils from him with no problems. But he is clueless when it comes to whole watches. Most likely a cobble job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.